Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker database yahoo group

Am I the only one that has a problem with this kind of thing? It just seems to be a step closer toward making online poker not so profitable.

I dunno, I think this is a little bit of greed that, while not going kill the goose, might give it a bump on the head.

Something else to think about: What if there is someone out there who, like me, disagrees with this kind of thing, and starts distributing corrupt copies of databases into these pools? It would be fairly simple to change all the names around randomly. Not saying I am doing this, but it could, and probably will, happen.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:15 PM

I can set up the ftp if you want
Old 10-28-2004, 06:39 PM

I feel a reluctance to trade my full history--all the information about my play [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]--somehow this sticks in my craw. Am I the only one????
Old 10-28-2004, 07:09 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

What if there is someone out there who, like me, disagrees with this kind of thing, and starts distributing corrupt copies of databases into these pools? It would be fairly simple to change all the names around randomly. Not saying I am doing this, but it could, and probably will, happen.

that's a really good idea. if this sort of thing takes off i will do it.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel a reluctance to trade my full history--all the information about my play [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]--somehow this sticks in my craw. Am I the only one????

[/ QUOTE ]
Just make a copy of the DB and purge your own data before submitting the database.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:54 PM

It looks like PokerEdge does this as a service.

I kinna wanted to do the same thing with PokerOffice, since it runs on MySql. Their db a little better designed imho. I was just going to send out a notes.txt to have PP use, seems easier than reemailing a huge db around.

$0.02
Fudo