Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Packs/Redskins

I took the Packers as my number one pick for this weeks 2+2 challenge, but I just realized how banged up their team is. Starting two rookies at cornerback scares the [censored] out of me, and with Ahaman Green not at 100% the Packers just don’t look that strong. The only thing that’s keeping me from switching is that the Redskins have one of the worse offense in the league, 27th overall, on the other hand they will be facing a Packer team that is 2nd overall and who has been on fire in their past 2 games. Sure the Redskin defense looks good, but they haven’t really played a strong offense like the Packers. In the 6 games they’ve played they faced only 2 teams ranked in the top 25% offensively and lost both games (Giants, Cowboys division rivals). This is a crucial game for both teams, but I think it’s more important for the Packs, winning this gets them right back into the hunt in their division. So injuries and all I’m sticking with the Packs, and laying some cash on the line. Thoughts from those taking either side are welcomed.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Packs/Redskins

Here is an interesting fact you might already know. The last home game in Washington has decided the presidencey accurately for the last 70 years. If Washington wins their last home game before the vote, Republican Party wins. If they lose the Democratic party wins. So John Kerry fans will take Green Bay and Bush fans will take Washington. Just an interesting fact I thought I would share to the people who did not already know.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:33 PM

Cool. Lets go Packers!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:53 PM

Correction! The incumbent party has one for the last 70 years win the Redskins win. Here is an article if you would like to read it: ESPN
Does not change the fact though. If you like Kerry pick Pack and if you like Bush pick Skins. Jesus
Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one

[/ QUOTE ]
Correction again. WON
Old 10-29-2004, 01:10 PM

I'm not betting this game this week, so take my views with a grain of salt. That said, I still think the Pack is an okay pick here.

Carroll has been starting at CB for the past several weeks and has looked better in the past few. If the Pack are mixing their blitzes nicely, I don't think CB will be a huge concern. And, the Skins running game is the most predictable in the NFL right now. I've read reports of defenses calling the plays based only on formation.

Green being dinged isn't the best thing in the world, but the Pack have a great #2 back in Najeh Davenport.

Yes the Skins are playing solid defense this year, but the Pack are on a huge roll offensively and if both units are clicking, I'll take the Pack O over the Skins D.

Just my $0.02.