Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: 30 60 bellagio hand

Yes, I'm an idiot. Carry on.

-Michael
Old 10-29-2004, 11:56 AM

The rock is not a factor in this hand I just mentioned it to point out how great the game was. After the UTG limp and UTG+1 raise, 4 calls to me with a BB and SB in thats 13.66 assuming UTG calls and i have to put in 1.33 to call which is actually 10.7 to 1 and its even better if the BB calls which is almost a certainty.

-Ezcheeze
Old 10-29-2004, 12:00 PM

or any hand with a 2 for that matter
Old 10-29-2004, 12:01 PM

Yea it was a pretty dumb mistake this is my first time in vegas and my first time ever at the bellagio. Most of the hands that were getting raised were UTG raises and then UTG+1 reraising or vice versa however UTG had limped before and had not limpreraised so I did not expect him to do it. I don't think he expected either but when he saw the huge pot he couldn't help himself. I think you guys are probably right I should have given more wieght to the chance of it getting reraised.

-Ezcheeze
Old 10-29-2004, 12:39 PM

thing is, it's wrong to say, well i had to call in this spot, and then it got raised so i had to call again, and then.. etc.

he knows what kind of game he's in, and he should anticipate it going 5 bets preflop. fold the 82 before it gets out of hand preflop, which you know it will.

do you really think he played well postflop? you think a pair of 2's is the best hand????
Old 10-29-2004, 12:48 PM

I see no reason why a pair of 2's has to be the best to play this way postflop in this ginormous pot...

-Ezcheeze
Old 10-29-2004, 12:49 PM

E:

I won't comment on whether or not you should have been playing this hand other than to say when the games get crazy like this it's important to be at least one step less crazy than the rest of the table.

However, I think you accomplished something that it took me awhile to learn. You played aggressively and managed to get out everyone but the person who had you beat. I've done this far too often pushing a draw only to realize my mistake. Not sure if you're thinking you're drawing here or believe that maybe you can get out hands that can beat you and be facing a draw with no pair. At any rate I think the overly aggressive play simply cost you more.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:52 PM

Default results

MP shows A8o and MHIG. Turns out the LP flop raiser folded A9 on the turn, boy was he pissed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

-Ezcheeze
Old 10-29-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: results

That fold is so incredibly horrible, I can't believe players like that even exist. But they do.