Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: When rags ruin your table image

[ QUOTE ]
Your table image has not been ruined because you have no table image at this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that this is generally true, I do find that when I'm running good my opponents will, on occasion, adjust their play against me.

During one recent $3/6 session, at a table that was typically 5 to a flop, there was one limper to me in MP. I raised with TT and folded out everyone behind me, including the limper.

At the same table a little earlier, I bet the flop with TPTK and had an opponent tell me, "If it was anyone but you, I'd call."

He did, however, then go ahead and call anyway.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about projecting an image...running from table to table. If only they allowed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once (and posted it before). Was at the Moose Lodge where they have SnGs on Wed nights. Was about to bust out of one while the other was starting. I bought in, then hit my one outer at the first table. I raced back and forth for over an hour. The craziest part was when I had to deal at both tables. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Neither table minded, mostly because I'd check, then abandon my cards. They thought they had a huge advantage because they kept folding my hands for me. Long story short, they suck. I moneyed in both and won #2.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:46 PM

Chances are your folding is not as obvious as you think. Try not to draw attention to yourself.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:04 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

At the same table a little earlier, I bet the flop with TPTK and had an opponent tell me, "If it was anyone but you, I'd call."

Some nights you run hot and people will notice this. They are much more likely to think your on a lucky run than that you play well. They fear the lucky player much more than the guy who is playing perfect.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:10 PM

Agree! Remeber, blind steal is worth 1.5 SBs, which is a EV higher than most all (or is it all) hands!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some nights you run hot and people will notice this. They are much more likely to think your on a lucky run than that you play well. They fear the lucky player much more than the guy who is playing perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't thought of this. And I think it's a very good observation.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:41 AM

When I play 3/6, I always have an extremely tight table image. I am much tighter than average in the hands I play. However, I am fairly loose in the hanfs I raise with. Sometimes, I will throw in a late position raise with AJ, 99 or something, and people will think I have aces. After all, such a rock would be afraid to raise with anything less.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:14 AM

The solution: Live Straddle.