Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Negreanu takes the whole pot when it should\'ve been split

Any winner needs to show his two cards, and once mucked, the hand is dead, no matter what the board reads.

I think to follow this is more important than "ethics" and so on. I would never give away a pot without opponent showing me his hand, only reason would be if doing so would possibly bring me better future profit.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any winner needs to show his two cards, and once mucked, the hand is dead, no matter what the board reads.

I think to follow this is more important than "ethics" and so on. I would never give away a pot without opponent showing me his hand, only reason would be if doing so would possibly bring me better future profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know what the ruling is if a player mucks his cards even though the board shows the best hand? I am unclear on this even though five hundred billion people have previously answered this question.

Seriously, it's the gayest rule ever. If I muck a hand with a royal flush on the board and someone says "I need to see your cards if you want to split the pot", I reply with "you're already looking at my cards".
Old 10-29-2004, 12:57 AM

You're overreacting just a bit.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know what the ruling is if a player mucks his cards even though the board shows the best hand? I am unclear on this even though five hundred billion people have previously answered this question.

Seriously, it's the gayest rule ever. If I muck a hand with a royal flush on the board and someone says "I need to see your cards if you want to split the pot", I reply with "you're already looking at my cards".

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do that, you deserve to lose. The rules are clear
"1. To win any part of a pot, a player must show all of his cards faceup on the table, whether they were used in the final hand played or not.".
If you don't like the rules of the game, don't play it. There is no need to be an ass at the table. There are plenty of them as it is...

In Daniels case, can't you see him sort of laughing and saying I have a x high straight? I am sure he was surprised when the player mucked his cards. If he had misannouced his hand you could accuse him of angle shooting, but it is not his job to tell you how to play. Heck I would argue that after the hand is mucked, it would be impolite to mention it.