Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Playing against tilt

Three consecutive hands in a PokerRoom MTT. You have about 6000 chips, blinds 100/200.

Hand 1: You have two cards UTG + 1. Loose, but not stupid big stack (similar size to yours, but perhaps a bit bigger) UTG calls, you fold because your two cards suck. UTG + 2 (2000 chips, somewhat decent player) raises to 800, SB shortstack (1000 chips) raises allin, UTG raises allin, UTG + 2 calls. UTG has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], UTG+2 has J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River blank.

Results: SB has ~3000 chips, UTG+2 has ~3000 chips, UTG is left with only ~4000 chips.

Hand 2: Again, you have two cards which couldn't go faster into the muck. Folded around to MP who raises to 700, CO raises to 2000 (all-in), BB (big stack loser from previous hand) raises all-in, MP folds.

BB has Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which holds up. BB makes some comment about "playing to lose" in chat.

Hand 3: UTG (the JJ guy from hand 1) limps. Folded around to SB (Former big stack, now only has about 2200 chips left), raises to 1300. You look down and see A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Action?
Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Playing against tilt

So I guess this is an easy allin, isn't it?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:40 PM

I would fold. You might be losing to the tilter, although you are probably ahead. However, the UTG limper who you say is a solid player will have realised that the pot is very likely to be raised and may well have limped to sandbag a big hand. He may also realise that you don't need too much of a hand to play against the tilter and call you with a middle pair.

With blinds of only 100/200, I think there is too much inherent danger here to risk your entire stack.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:22 PM

It's not my entire stack. If I put the SB allin, I have 4000 or so chips left if I lose.