Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Huh huh .... I\'m a \'member\'

huh huh ...</Butthead>

He just said said 'member' hehnhehnhihihiheh </Beavis>

I'm taking my first shot at 10/20 this week ... going fine. It was a little scary at first, but the adrenaline is starting to calm down a little.

The swings look like they'll be worse since the aggression is significantly higher than 5/10, but I'm seeing an awful lot of loose preflop play, so I think I'll be able to stick to it. Got my 500+ BB roll to work with, so dropping 1k+ in the first few sessions didn't make me sweat too much.

I did want to kick myself after I spewed a couple extra big bets with sevens full of queens when a little hand reading should have told me that the most likely holding the guy (unknown preflop raiser, pair of 7s on the board) could have after he raised the river was a bigger boat. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I was praying for an overplayed A7 or two pair KQ, but noooooo kings full.

People sure don't fold to aggression like they did at 5/10, which is making for some nasty suckouts, but suckouts are ok, they just mean I was ahead from the start. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hit a nice run where my cards were holding up last night and this morning to move into positive territory.

How are there so many people who can afford to play 10/20 with VPIP >50? I like it! Come to Butthead! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

B.