Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Make the Case that FoxNews promotes a \"Conservative\" Agenda

If the total man hours of watching fox is larger than the total man hours of CNN then I don't see anything wrong with Fox's slogan. But I do see you point.

I have heard more people watch CNN. I haven't looked at the stats..... yet.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:22 PM

Here is some quotes from O'reilly:

"On the media side, Fox News Channel has stunned the television industry by beating Rather, Jennings and Brokaw, as well as our cable competition on Tuesday night. Of course, many media analysts are spinning the ratings, saying that Fox is a Republican outlet, blah, blah, blah.

But during the Democratic convention, The Factor easily won its time slot against CNN and MSNBC. Do you know how many TV writers pointed that out? None. As far as our research can tell, none."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131373,00.html

On occasion Fox beats CNN, and they like to point that out. But others don't. Of course, Fox doesn't like to point out other beat them, but they do on occasion. I don't have a big problem with that really.

What I have a problem with is when papers like the NYT's call our government and the Bush administration the "radical right". They might as well call them the christian Taliban.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I have a problem with is when papers like the NYT's call our government and the Bush administration the "radical right". They might as well call them the christian Taliban.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they not on the radical right in American politics? What other administration in recent memory has been more right wing? What other descriptive label would better encapsulate their policies, in your opinion? Calling this administration the radical right is the correct description.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:23 PM

So people put on CNN for a few minutes and get bored and change the channel. Wow amazing, it is so popular.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 PM

So all reporters aren't allowed to tell a joke every now and then? The worst it did was make fun of Kerry's tan. Oh wow! That will sway lots of voters. They apologized and it was quickly removed. Quite a different story than C-BS.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So all reporters aren't allowed to tell a joke every now and then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said that? I said that (1) you were wrong about it being a "personality that is a known conservative"; and (2) Fox's failure to replace (or even to discipline) the reporter and the memos were evidence the "FoxNews promotes a 'Conservative' Agenda". Your "response" refutes none of this; rather, it appears that you want to change the subject. Given the position you've taken, I don't blame you.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they not on the radical right in American politics? What other administration in recent memory has been more right wing? What other descriptive label would better encapsulate their policies, in your opinion? Calling this administration the radical right is the correct description.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush is religious, that much is obvious. Pick up the Bible and read Romans. That is radical christian right. List the policies of the Bush administration that you think are radical right wing and we can argue, otherwise this is a waste of time.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:03 AM

Default FoxNews Innocent on All Counts

You haven't made the case in the least that FoxNews has a convervative agenda.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Exactly

Soon 1111 will be objecting to the question posed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-28-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Re: FoxNews Innocent on All Counts

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't made the case in the least that FoxNews has a convervative agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Indeed, none are so blind as those who will not see.

I've pointed to specific actions by Fox and specific Fox documents. Your bare denial, in the face of this evidence, while certainly shoiwng your deep and abiding faith in all things Murdoch, does not constitute a rebuttal of that evidence.

So why did you even post the question if your mind is already closed?