Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Phil and Annie on UB

That's the funniest thing I've read today.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone at the table has like 20 bucks and [Phil] buys in for 1000. Now I am just trying to decide if this is some stupid ego thing he is doing...

[/ QUOTE ]

... later, a seat opens up, and Observer1 sits down with $2k

Observer1: I am TWICE as cool as Phil!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2004, 02:24 PM

IIRC he got crushed in the 80/160 when it ran. Apparently he was the one fueling the action.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would say they get paid to endorse UB. I would also venture to guess that they have to play a certain amount of time to get the $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is accurate. I still don't understand why he would play such low limits though. Why not play higher to work of his "hands/month(week, whatever)"? Unless he feels he's not capable of beating such games, which I highly doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as well. I think the one of the reasons he also plays the micro limits is for book writing. I remeber seeing somewhere that he is trying to put together a low limit online book. I might be wrong, but thats what I remember.

Scotty O
Old 10-27-2004, 10:50 AM

With the amount of verbal badgering (little Wisconsin pun there) Phil gets on UB all the time, I can understand why he wouldn't want to play higher stakes. It can't be easy to concentrate on what you're doing n the game with so many people harrassing you. I don't think he could just turn the chat off, either, as the main reason he and the other 'UB Ambassadors' are on is to promote the site by giving people the chance to interact with the pros.

I know some, if not all, of them (Annie and Antonio Esfadiari I'm sure of) have other screennames as well so they can play the higher stakes games without so much interference from the peanut gallery.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:46 PM

same thing happens on full tilt. everyone wets themselves and turns the game into an abortion.