Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 11:16 AM

Default AQs from Early Position

Button is TP-A, VPIP 15.43, PFR 3.70, Tot. Agr. 1.62 based on 162 hands.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero...

I hate it when I get into this situation. I think the check was probably questionable. Any thoughts?
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: AQs from Early Position

I wouldn't 3-bet that tight player there. I think calling is better.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:21 AM

A TP raises PF after a bunch of calls before him? That's no bluff. AA, KK, QQ or AK most times. I'm mucking so fast I'm falling out of my chair.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:22 AM

that 3-bet was bad. he's a very discriminating preflop raiser. call and let everyone else come along (i can't believe they all folded though).

tough position on the flop. i'm not sure how many outs to give you.. but its not looking good at all. i might just fold it here thinking I have 1.5-2 outs (discounted Aces). if you had a backdoor, I could see a check-call. I don't think a check-raise will help you take this pot down.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:31 AM

You're probably right about this one, though I'd probably call the PFR and then fold if the flop doesn't give me something nice. Looking back at some of the hands he's shown, he has only PFR with AA and QQ, not with JJ and he's had that twice (once from EP and once he CC'd a raise).

I think it would be wise for me to pay more attention to this PFR statistic when I'm thinking about 3-betting. I tend to go into cap-mode when I have a nice hand like this. Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:54 AM

Even if you didn't have stats on player, assuming he's not a maniac, he capped preflop. With a flop like that, I'd check/fold against him, assuming high pocket pair.