Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Is it over???

[ QUOTE ]
the cardinals will win the next 4 games

[/ QUOTE ]

Please provide a link to the post where I said this. The only claim I ever made was that there would be a game 6 in Boston. I stick by that claim.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:50 PM

they beat 1 good Hou pitcher and what good LA pitchers did they beat? weaver is not great, munro not great, backe is not great either. I am not saying that the cards will not win any at home, but they didn't beat anybody that great either. I think their home field advantage is be taken way to far. It is highly over valued right now. If they sweep at home, I will be convinced otherwise. But, if boston takes even 1 of 3, that will not really convince me that they have a decided homefield advantage. And, the big ?? is Ortiz right now. And maybe he won't do as bad as everyone thinks.

And all this 1986 stuff is a bunch of crap. Nobody on here cares about it. If STL doesn't sweep at home, they are at a huge disadvantage going back to boston. With or w/out schilling.

craig
Old 10-25-2004, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, Boston has a few things to be worried about too. STL has been hitting the ball well, just right at certain people, plus they are going to STL where Millar's bat won't be in the lineup, and Ortiz is playing 1b. I think the National League style of ball hurts the AL teams much more than the AL style hurts NL teams.

2 pennies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astonishingly, TsC comes up with the most sensible post in the thread. This isn't exactly the time for Sox fans to be getting triumphal. We've been very fortunate so far, let's hope it stays that way.

scrub
Old 10-25-2004, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've been watching the Cardinals postseason games, you must have noticed their decided home field advantage. They beat good LA pitchers and Houston pitchers with relative ease (game 7 anyone?). 6-0 at home is not a fluke. I know for a fact the Cards will win at least 2 of 3 in St. L.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems all Cardinal fans are talking about this big home field advantage of theirs. So, I looked up the regualar seaon sats to see how much merit it has.

Cardinals:
Regular Season: 105-57 .648
Home: 53-28 .654
Away: .642

Based on the regular season, the Cardinals don't appear to play any better at home than they do on the road.