Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, question about controlling your dreams.

[ QUOTE ]
Makes me feel like some kind of vampire predator, but in my dreams at least all the women want me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, as long as she's not a dealer at Diamond Lil's, it's all good.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:14 PM

Come to think of it, my tendency to jump off things may be a version of flying. I am usually looking for something as high as possible to jump off of, but most of the time I can only find a flight of stairs or a roof top if I am lucky. After I jump, I descend much slower than a real life jump, but I wouldn't really call it flying. More like parachuting without a parachute.

Next time I'll try to flap my wings or something.

After googling (and seeing the replies to this), it's amazing how many people experience this. I honestly thought it was a really uncommon occurance and until today have never discussed it with anyone. I was under the impression I was in a minority.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:13 PM

Paul, your sentient life so disappointing that you must seek refuge in your dreams? Damn, I should just go ahead and kill myself.

I'm just glad to hear you're looking for women in your dreams. Wives typically don't understand if you tell them you've been dreaming about other men.

Not that I have...

And even if I have, it doesn't mean anything...
Old 10-17-2004, 11:48 PM

I recommend reading 'The Art of Dreaming' by Carlos Castaneda for detailed information regarding this topic.
One of his techniques which I've discovered works well is to look at your hands in order to become aware while in a
dream. And if you ever feel you are about to lose lucidity,
and drift back into normal sleep, you should look at your
hands again. The technique is to keep going back to your
hands when objects seen in the 'dream world' begin to fade. Using this technique, you should be able to make the dream
last for many minutes.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:58 AM

A neat way to help realize you are dreaming, and to enter the lucid dream state is to come up with something that triggers you to think "what is happening right now that proves i am not dreaming?" an example would be, draw a circle on the back of your hand, and anytime during the day that you notice it, simply go through a small list of reasons why you aren't dreaming, ie can't jump 50 feet in the air, can't pick up a notebook without touching it, etc. what should happen is while you are dreaming, you will look at your 'trigger' then int he dream you will hit your routine, and find out you are dreaming.

me and some friends used to work at this often when i was in high school, and it was really interesting.

its also interesting to keep a small tape recorder or notepad near your bed, and anytime you wake up immediately write down/record whatever you remember from your dream before you go back to sleep. talk about wierd feelings when you read [censored] you have no idea who wrote, different handwriting, no recollection of it ever happening, etc.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:01 AM

and after visiting that site it lists everything i said and more in greater detail, lol. oh well...
Old 10-18-2004, 03:36 AM

Um, wrong forum?
Old 10-18-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Lucidity and controlled hallucinations

It is a really interesting topic. The basics of starting, other than maybe getting some books on it, is think about doing it as you fall asleep, then if you are unsure if you are dreaming or soemthing, look at a clock or book or soemthing and then look away and back and see if it has changed, since your mind always changes things. To begin doing this though, start recording your dreams and concentrate on your dreams as you fall asleep. You will start to have much mroe vivid dreams and in time, have lucid (controlled) dreams. I also have a book which talks about the possibility to, one you master lucid dreaming, have controlled hallucinations, projecting your subconscious and ability to control it on the real world, but always having to hold a specific thing in order to do it so you don't go crazy and hallucinate all the time! Sounds intersting but a bit too dangerous and tempting for me to try it.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The problem I have in my lucid dreams is that I am always trying to jump off of stuff and/or make out with whatever girls are around.

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i have my "lucid" dreams I can usually hover or fly. By the time I figure this out I start to act like superman and go out looking for kristin kreuk. When I get even that far in my dream I usually wake up or Kristin wants none of me and proceeds to beat me up.

Well at least the flying/hovering part is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kristin K beating you up is cool also. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]