Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Top Two, but I\'m not liking them.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero folds

Easy?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Top Two, but I\'m not liking them.

Wow hard hand. I probably fold it as well here.
The reasons for folding are that the pot is laying 5.5:1 odds for you to call, which isn't great. If you're behind to a flush, your odds of hitting another A or K on the next card are not there (10.5:1 against). UTG and the raiser's betting pattern is a bit ambiguous. If they flopped the draw, they didnt bet it out even with 6 players in the hand. This could be plausible if they were checking to the preflop raiser to have you do the betting for them, but then neither of them checkraised for value (although not all players would ram and jam on a good draw). Still, even though I think there's some doubt as to whether they have the flush, since there are two of them, I'm willing to give one of them credit for having you beat. I'd fold too. Particularly because you dont close the action.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:56 AM

Someone might also have trips treys.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:59 AM

wow nice fold. i would have trouble doing this myself.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:33 PM

Tough hand. Whether I lay this down or not would depend on any reads that I had on UTG and UTG+1.

Due to the way the preflop betting went there are just soooo many possible hands they could have here. UTG could easily have Axo and with the 3s pairing figures that the king kicker is going to save him with aces up. UTG+1 could have KQo with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] being his draw to the nut flush now after the turn [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] lands.

If I'm new to this table I probably lay this down. If I have any kind of read on UTG or UTG+1 as being in love with playing any two suited then I probably lay this down. If my reads on them are they are loose and aggressive, then I probably call the turn and see what the river brings.

This response probably sounds like a lot of waffling, but without having any reads on the table or UTG or UTG+1 it is just difficult to say how I would handle this situation.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:32 PM

tough hand. I prolly fold