Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Re: my \"bust this MF\" comment

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just write off your response since you're canadian.
You're forgiven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was nice of you. I hope your mother was in the building that was hit on 9/11.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
umm, brett broke the rules, why shouldnt they take the home run away? it was bs that they eventually counted the hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the pine tar didn't help him hit the home run.

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]
of course it did. the pine tar helps the batter during an at bat, he hit a homerun during the atbat, thus the pine tar helped him hit the homerun

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the pine tar that extended up past the legal point on the bat did not help Brett hit the HR. Pine tar is supposed to help with gripping the bat. He gained no advantage by applying it beyond the legal point because his hands did not grip the bat with the pine tar that extended beyond the legal point on the bat.

The rule was put in place because Washington owner Calvin Griffin (who was a cheap bastard) was becoming annoyed that baseballs were becoming unsuitable for play because of excessive pine tar used on the bats. AL President Lee McPhail (correctly) ruled in 1983 that taking away the HR was not in the spirit of the rule and, furthermore, not even an available rememdy according to MLB rules.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:41 PM

whoever runs this forum - if this guy isnt booted permanently theres something wrong
probably the worst post ive ever read - makes me sick that hes a human being
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM

I am with you Jong... is this forum to test the boundaries of freedom of speech or are they actually moderated for basic human decency??? horrific acts of mass murder are off limits.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:16 AM

If your country didn't try to prove its superiority and make every other country feel like garbage you wouldn't have people flying planes into your buildings.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:26 AM

Don't cry about it though, I could care less if I'm banned from this forum.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: MY PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU SAID

I agree with your comments 100%. It is classless to berate a player after winning, and it is disrespectful. Personally I think it makes you look like an idiot. Like that friggin monkey that kept jumping up and yelling at the top of his lungs everytime he won a pot. You know that skinny guy that was from sweden or somewhere. What a jackass. He acted like a 14 year old who had never won a freakin hand of poker. One of the annoucers said it best by saying "these internet guys have no table manners." Well its not just the internet guys, most of the players you saw on tv had no manners and conducted themselves like Jackasses. However I was very pleased at the way our current world champ handled and conducted himself throughout the whole thing. Very classy.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: MY PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU SAID

My first question would have to be: If you think poker players are such trash talking, self absorbed morons, why are you on a poker forum with a bunch of said poker players?

Trite hobby for some I'm sure, living for others. It doesn't matter if you do something as meaningless as play cards in the whole scheme of things. But then again, I'm sure taking care of a company's books or tossing a ball around really mean a lot in the end too. I guess we should all be priests in that respect.

No one wins every pot. A revolutionary idea for sure. I guess when something happens in life, we should just nod and move on. If your wife has a kid, nod and move on. If a relative dies, nod and move on. God forbid somebody gets emotional over something so trite as a competition for $5 million. No skill involved at all by the way.

Making fun of and HATING PEOPLE who you're seeking out to talk to? Sounds like someone we should all listen to for life advice...
Old 10-27-2004, 02:23 AM

Default the cost of sportsmanship

The really sad thing about the way that Josh acted on the last couple of days is that he probably cost himself millions of dollars. The poker world is looking for a spokesman for many different products for advertising, sales, etc. After Josh's initial interview about being ready to leave when he found out his wife was in the hospital (which I actually believe was sincere), had he not acted like an idiot, his name would have likely been worth quite a bit.

As it is now given his behavior, I would be surprised if advertisers are beating down his door.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: the cost of sportsmanship

I think it's been said multiple times on these forums, but lets say it again.

It's a given that ESPN chose Josh to be it's whipping target for the whole show. They could have shown any number of good hands he was involved in, but instead they chose to play him off as the bad guy. Did they show him folding his flush to Raymer's FH late in the tournament? Nope.

It's amazing what microphones can pick up. I'm sure when Josh was holding onto David's face and saying his comment in is ear, he totally meant for the whole world to hear it.

I'm sure if someone taped you at some bad moments and showed it to the whole world, everyone would blame you for acting that way too...