Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Feedback on my poker tracker line?

It looks like citanul already answered most of your questions. I personally think it is much easier to play AJo, KQo first in from MP1 (or whatever you wanna call 3rd position) for a raise. The chance of getting raised is just so great and it is very difficult to play if you miss the flop. But when there are guys coldcalling with Q2s and such yummy hands I think you gotta play.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:34 PM

I was speaking as to both his preflop tightness and his postflop skills which he admittedly has no confidence in.

Sure you can win with10% VPIP, bur you had better be damn good at getting max value on your hands postflop.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:40 PM

Just to add more info, if anyone notices that you play 11% then it's super easy to take your money. They basically know what you have.

So if the flop comes T high, and you are early, I'm betting. If you ever raise me, then I know to get out. Well, you get the idea.

$0.02
Fudo
Old 10-23-2004, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't play AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, KJs, QJs in the first three positions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with not playing ATo and KJo in those positions. I don't agree with the others. I would raise any AJ and any KQ (meaning suited or unsuited) and limp with KJs and QJs.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't play 88 or worse first three positions.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's also too tight. Both 88 and 77 are playable in the first 3 positions. I would limp with 77 in all 3, limp with 88 UTG, and frequently raise with 88 if first in UTG+1 or UTG+2. I will limp with 66 in UTG+2.

[ QUOTE ]

I rarely call two cold, preferring 3 bet or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I sometimes call 2 cold with KQs or AJs, but I prefer to 3-bet with those as well. The only other hands I will call 2 cold with are smallish pocket pairs when there are a couple other cold-callers already there.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree my VP$IP should be higher ( 16%-18% ). Could my VP$IP be so low because I rarely steal/defend blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you're not stealing anywhere close to often enough.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:51 AM

Get your VP$IP up to somewhere between 15 and 19.

You're also far too passive preflop. You want to be raising somewhere between 9 and 10 percent of the time.

Your blind play is clearly suboptimal, especially the BB. You're folding way too much to steals.

Going back to your aggression, you're not attempting to steal the blinds often enough. See if you can get that up to 33. Consider the following situation. Everyone folds to you on the button, and you have Ax. What do you do? You should be raising virtually every time. My guess is you're folding lots of these.

Also, you're not going to showdown often enough. This should be somewhere between 33 and 35, not 28. This is why your "won $ at showdown" stat is so high.

Also, my guess is that your postflop play needs some work. Your river aggression factor is somewhat low. The most likely cause of this is that you're not value betting enough on the river, which translates to leaving money on the table.

Finally, your preflop and flop aggression factors are VERY high. But then that's explained by the fact that you only play 11% of hands, so you're pretty much playing just the monsters and that's it. So you'll frequently be betting/raising on the flop with those hands.

Anyway, I don't doubt that you're a winning player or that you're making a living doing this. But my guess is that your true win rate is under 2 BB/100, which means you're only a so-so player overall.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:24 AM

"But my guess is that your true win rate is under 2 BB/100,"
-only when he is running well with that style. probably more like 1.25bb/100.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:26 PM

Thanks Nightwish.

That's a good analysis of where I'm at and some of the adjustments I can make.

I probably don't bluff nearly enough either which is another reason my going to showdown number is low.

Would AK be a through ticket for you against most players headsup? ( In a steal scenario )
Old 10-24-2004, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would AK be a through ticket for you against most players headsup? ( In a steal scenario )

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what you mean by this.