Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Pacific 10k - My first win!

I can't believe how nervous I was, thank god it wasn't a B&M tourney. Great bunch of peeps at the final table, it was so much fun!
I don't have alot of experience in MTT's (8-10), and about a dozen or so S&G's where I place about 50% of the time. I have played the 10k maybe 4-5 times and placed 2 times. Once I got a decent stack of chips (~20k after 1 hour in) it seemed like I just coasted to the final table playing very few hands. At the final table I was just getting the right cards at the right time.

How difficult is this tourny compared to others? I hope it wasn't just a fluke, I wouldn't mind hitting that $2,300 a few times!
Old 10-23-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Pacific 10k - My first win!

Congratulations! Always fun to get the cash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
How likely it is for you to win this again is questionable. To get in the money on the other hand is another. You cant rely on skills alone to win the tournament. The cards have to come too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Pacific 10k - My first win!

Its alm0ost like a turbo blinds up every 10 mins 800 chips to start, very hard work, I did it last week and got 65th just out of money [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Congrats on the win though, I think the players are about the same as a lot of other tournaments with a similar buy in, however some have styles better equiped for the fast rising blind structure than others do.

Best Regards Mack