Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Read on All in Bets

To me, I would consider your move like I would any all-in bet. The only difference is that I would think you were stupid (or really smart) for making that move because that 100 could be all the difference in my calling or folding (that's not really the case too often though when the pot is just 100 compared to your 2900 raise... I'm not defending that 100.)

So I would treat it like an all-in but also try to figure out if you are dumb for making this move or trying to make me think you are dumb. This reminds of one of my favorite moves which is to raise someone like $5005 instead of just $5000. You have to ask yourself, "why is this guy drawing attention to his bet?" Does he think I will fold to a tricky play or does he think I will be suspect of a tricky play... and I would do the opposite of what I thought you were trying to get me to do.

- Jason
Old 10-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Read on All in Bets

Dan Harrington went out at the 4th place.
Josh Arieh went out at the 3rd place.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:26 AM

Default The same but different

I have often use thes bet ALMOST their entire stack after a significant pause. Leaving them as little left if they call as the slider will allow. People often interpret this as TRYING to get a call because you are NOT forcing them to go all in to do so.

It all depends (hey go figure it depends in poker).
Old 10-22-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: The same but different

I don't interpret this as anything. I overbet with powerhouses and bluffs, I will bet 90% of someone's stack with a wide variety of hands on the flop.

If it's a creative player that does this to me, then I know it could mean anything. If it's a stupid player, it sounds like he is trying to committ himself to the pot with a big draw.