Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Your account has been banned or locked:

[ QUOTE ]
I asked him to change his location because it represented an affiliate ad. He cross referenced someone else. I asked him to change that as well. He refers people to his profile for xxx. This is a guy who has clearly benefited from these forums. I'm not going to waste time on people who won't work with me. He was warned and he's not coming back.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Profit before what the people want, fine.

Yet can i please have my account back? I'll remove the loc and the profile, i wont even reply to affiliate posts if that makes you happy. Doesn't that make everyone happy?

[ QUOTE ]
He refers people to his profile for xxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely, you can see that was a joke that was going to be removed pretty soon anyway if you hadn't beat me to it.

[ QUOTE ]
When someone has been warned repeatedly, and refuses to comply, you have lay down the law. The right thing for 1-800 to do would have been to buy an ad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own an ad. But yea, lesson learnt, i'll be good. It just took a while for the lessons to hit home.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he wants to contribute to the NL forum I assume he is still more than welcome to under his new handle (or any other handle).

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can ask Mat for PM only privileges till your reputation transfers to your new handle?

If you stop reading/posting 2+2 will go on and you are only depriving yourself.

When you do come back if you reply with anything funny expect the usual suspects to say that you are in fact me and that you like unholy critters.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked him to change his location because it represented an affiliate ad. He cross referenced someone else. I asked him to change that as well. He refers people to his profile for xxx. This is a guy who has clearly benefited from these forums. I'm not going to waste time on people who won't work with me. He was warned and he's not coming back.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell even LOOKS at location?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you stop reading/posting 2+2 will go on and you are only depriving yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That simple isn't true for A LOT of posters on here. For some posters on here it's a one way street they give so much and recieve nothing in return, their understanding has just reached that level in which the boards don't help (so they usually seek private lessons etc) yet they continue to give for whatever reason. 1800GAMBLER account has over 450 PMs in it which i wont delete because a lot of them are thank you PMs for my advice or people asking me to look at hands they have posted. That was the benefit of it for me, which is the same reason i stake players when in terms of $ my time is better spent at the tables rather than arranging the deal, i like to give the stakee lessons and watch the progession.

I woould happily take the account back only with PM features and only being allowed to post in midhigh and NL forum, that makes everyone happy and i don't see why Matt wont, why not? I've shown i'm willing to 'work with you' now.

The affiliate was a benefit for me, yes. Nowhere equal to the above though.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1800GAMBLER account has over 450 PMs in it which i wont delete because a lot of them are thank you PMs for my advice or people asking me to look at hands they have posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do with old thank You PMs? Stop living in the past, man.

[ QUOTE ]
I woould happily take the account back only with PM features and only being allowed to post in midhigh and NL forum, that makes everyone happy and i don't see why Matt wont, why not? I've shown i'm willing to 'work with you' now.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yes Your Honor, I did kill the dame, but I promise I won't do it again. Please don't send me to jail."
Old 10-22-2004, 11:20 AM

In most cases after I ban someone who wants to come back and who has proven they have other merits, I will reverse my decision. I did this for vehn and he managed to last only a short while longer. That's a closed chapter.

The only message I want to get across is: no affiliate spam.
Not in a post or a location. The profiles can contain anything as long as people aren't making posts sending others to the profile.

Account's been restored, for now.

Mat
Old 10-22-2004, 11:40 AM

way to go mat
Old 10-22-2004, 12:01 PM

Classy move Mat. I like the 'you got one more shot buddy--with a very short leash'.
FWIW--glad to see 1-800 back--he's very informative for even us newbies to the game--his posts are excellent. I rarely visit this forum and havn't noticed the spam problem from him, only his informative posts.
Cat
Old 10-22-2004, 12:36 PM

To err is human; to forgive, divine. . .

Good job, Mat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 02:42 PM

One thing that is very apparent here is that a 'ban user from <x> forum' option would be a nice upgrade.

It is clear from reading his supporters that he contributes well in other forums, however those of us who live primarily in the zoo have NEVER seen this.
I had him down as in the 10% most stupid posters on the forum bracket - which appears to be wrong.

It is also clear that his defenders do not know the extent of the spam we've had to endure here.

Anyway, I've nothing against giving people a second chance, but I for one will be on the look out in here.

Lori