Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 10:59 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: pedro warming up...

[ QUOTE ]
i am just visualizing the yankees coming back after he comes in.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno why they're bringing him in now. Lowe has been outstanding, and they've got Embree and Timlin in decent shape to pitch tonight. Why not save Pedro for the World Series?!?

-Mike
Old 10-20-2004, 11:05 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am just visualizing the yankees coming back after he comes in.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno why they're bringing him in now. Lowe has been outstanding, and they've got Embree and Timlin in decent shape to pitch tonight. Why not save Pedro for the World Series?!?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. And now the 1st two batters Pedro faces whack doubles, the crowd is back in the game. Not a good plan, Terry....

-Mike
Old 10-20-2004, 11:22 PM

But alas, Mark Bellhorn whacks one off the right-field foul pole and takes all the wind out of our sails.

I'd love for us to get one last shot at Foulke tonight and get our revenge, but the way things are going I don't even think we'll see him.

(sigh...)
Old 10-20-2004, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But alas, Mark Bellhorn whacks one off the right-field foul pole and takes all the wind out of our sails.

I'd love for us to get one last shot at Foulke tonight and get our revenge, but the way things are going I don't even think we'll see him.

(sigh...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not so sure you'd be getting your revenge on Foulke anyway, even if you did see him.

I do believe it's our turn now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 10-20-2004, 11:52 PM

You know, Tim McCarver (who I usually can't stand) just made an excellent point. He basically said "How do you blow a 3 games to none lead? With lousy starting pitching." It's been the Yanks biggest problem all year, it's the reason the have so many $%!#@$%% come-from behind wins (because their starters keep coughing up 2 runs in the first inning every night), and it's the reason they had to use Rivera, Gordon, and Quantrill almost every day during the season, all of whom ran out of gas for the playoffs. If I was Brian Cashman and got to change anything he did last off-season, what would I do? I'd have gone after Schilling and let the Sox take A-Rod. Enough said.

Woo-hoo...Matsui just doubled to lead off the ninth. Hey, the tying run is just at the other end of the bench now!

(grinds teeth angrily)
Old 10-21-2004, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, Tim McCarver (who I usually can't stand) just made an excellent point. He basically said "How do you blow a 3 games to none lead? With lousy starting pitching." It's been the Yanks biggest problem all year, it's the reason the have so many $%!#@$%% come-from behind wins (because their starters keep coughing up 2 runs in the first inning every night), and it's the reason they had to use Rivera, Gordon, and Quantrill almost every day during the season, all of whom ran out of gas for the playoffs. If I was Brian Cashman and got to change anything he did last off-season, what would I do? I'd have gone after Schilling and let the Sox take A-Rod. Enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with that! I just wish the Sox brass had handled the Nomar/A-Rod situation better; Nomar's malcontent was a big reason they struggled in the middle of the season.

[ QUOTE ]
Woo-hoo...Matsui just doubled to lead off the ninth. Hey, the tying run is just at the other end of the bench now!

(grinds teeth angrily)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wellllll.... Now you know how we usually feel! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You guys have had plenty of turns; it's ours now!

-Mike
Old 10-21-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Sorry Red Sox fans!

Haha, how does that crow taste? F the Yankees...
Old 10-21-2004, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your season will be over this week. Schilling is gone and the Yankees are Pedro's daddy. The Sox are scared of the Yankees and they will choke as usual. The curse of the Bambino lives on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bahahahahahhahahahaha!

Aaaand the Yankees lose the series worse than any team ever has!

So beautiful.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:43 AM

Nah it would have been better if Rivera blew it in the 9th.

WHEEEEWWWW!!! GO SOX!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:18 AM

Don't worry, now you get to experience the indignity of having Roger Clemens throw a shutout to beat you in game 7 of the World Series. At Fenway, no less. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]