Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Any 2+2\'ers in Detroit?

I used to live in Detroit. I'm sure there are a few 2+2ers there, but not many of them are really grasping much of the information available on this site.

-Michael
Old 10-07-2004, 11:42 PM

i'm a newbie on here but have been playing a couple years..anyways i play at greektown 1-2 a month usually 3-6 or 5-10..it is very beatable in my opinion..
Old 10-07-2004, 11:53 PM

Ya, I also heard that Windsor is getting a pokerroom but I don't know any details about it. Hopefully it will be good.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:57 PM

My cousin works at MGM (sometime pit boss, sometime high-limit room dealer), and I keep razzing him about MGM having no room (moreso after Motor City opened theirs).

He mentioned the Windsor room, too. I thought that was cool until I realized that I doubt the travel hassle with the border is worth it with 3/6 on this side. Although maybe it will mean a shorter wait on this side.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 AM

The games at Greektown are excellent. I play 5-10. Loose and pretty easy to read. Online I play exactly the opposite. Poker Stars. Nearly always leans tight.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody here ever play at the cardroom in Sarnia? What's it like in terms of quality of play, number of games, wait times, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ] Haven't played it yet, but I have some info about it. Mostly 5/10 (Canadian) during the week and 10/20 Friday & Saturday. They have 5 or 6 tables, non-smoking I believe, hour or so wait times, but they allow you to call ahead.

I'm trying to make the move to B&M, and I might do it soon, but my brother is the only other person I know that really knows how to play, and he doesn't have a bankroll.