Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Priorities, John Edwards\' hair

He had a responsibility to continue reading the children's book to that class! If it were Kerry he would have shirked that responsibility and left the poor children without finishing the story!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Priorities, John Edwards\' hair

Being a leader is often about what other people see. All leaders may have some point of indecisiveness. Showing strength when you are really weak or indecisive is a pretty big part of leadership. I remember being completely stunned when I was told about the attacks, and if you are the President, you will need some time to digest this all. If Bush wants to digest his information the way he did, it is fine with me.

Though you may be right, in that a President should try to focus his full attention upon what he was about to do, and trying to get up to speed with the situation as fast as possible.

However, I cannot blame Bush for being stunned for a while, though I would very much like to know what was going on behind his mind. Gotta try to calm down and make sure you're focused enough to do what needs to be done.