Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Party poker NL $200 6 max-having trouble with 1 player

Ok, I've been playing the nl $200 6 max tables on party poker every night for the past month (I just took a break for one month), and I am looking over my play.

Ive noticed that I still dont understand one of my regular opponents. Her screen name is nwGrrl, very good player who is very tricky. Usually always comes in for a raise of $10-15 from any position. Makes alot of raises with crap but also show downs some solid hands, and usually takes a shot at every pot.

Now how should I play aganist this type of player if I dont hit the flop with a premium hand. And she bets the flop with a big bet? Should I wait for a better opportunity, reraise. I also cant figure out her betting patterns (thats what confuses me), Ive seen her bets with the nuts on the flops hard, soft, and even check it.

Anyone have any experience vs. this player, and help is needed. As I usually play with nwGrrl every night, in like 3-4 different tables.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Party poker NL $200 6 max-having trouble with 1 player

I think nwGrrl is the best player playing NL200 6 max right now. You should just not play with her.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:54 PM

You underestimate SuperSeppi.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:59 PM

nwGrll is an awful player. Just wait for the nuts and then move all in, she'll call. Truly, one of the worst players at party 200.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You underestimate SuperSeppi.

[/ QUOTE ]

SuperSeppi is an ultra LAG if I've ever seen one, I've watched the $200 on occasion but the one time I played in it this is what I saw.

VPIP 91.89
PFR 59.46

If you were gonna name a good player at least say oizooizo
Old 10-20-2004, 12:33 AM

I miss SuperSeppi, he used to be a regular at the good ol 15/30 and 10/20 6 handed tables, havent seen him for a while now though.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:40 AM

Checkraise often. Especially with solid draws. If she fights back by reraising or calling more, do this when you hit fairly well.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:59 AM

nwgrrl, is one of the top regulars on the $200 6 max tables, I agree. Also, broncobuff just exploded on the scene, he's also another good player.

Superseppi, is another crazy good player, usually does a couple reloads until he hits the $500 stack, and from there, he starts killing it.

I've done well in the past vs. superseppi, the key is being patient and not fight him over stupid pots. He puts most his opponents on tilt, and gets paid off way too much. He also does some crazy raises preflop ($50) in 2/4 blinds.

Ive made my fair share vs superseppi, but he's also one heck of a nl player. I heard he sucks at 10/20 6 max.

Actually, one time nwgrrl and superseppi had equal stacks of $1500 at one table, and nwgrrl busted superseppi with a set of queens vs a set of super seppi's 5s. That was tuff.

Back, to the topic,

Should I check raise nwgrrl with solid hands that dont hit, like AK, when I think shes buying the pot? Or just be patient and fold ak on a missed flop.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 AM

I don't know this player well, but watch how he/she reacts to other players checkraising. If she tends to always fold, then do it as a total bluff. At first, I would stick to fairly strong draws, such as flush draws or openeded straight draws. Start expanding to weaker hands like second pair and gutshots and see where things go. The key is, don't do it too much. Just make sure you are getting your fair share of pots.

If anything, watch the table for a while and see what is working. Chances are something is, but other people are paying her off.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 AM

I heard nwGrrl was Annie Duke.