Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone play around NH area?

Boy, if there are any other games around Southern NH, particularly in the Nausea/Manchestah area, I'd sure be interested to hear about it.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:07 PM

I play in a Wen., thur. night home game .Low buy in NL hold em one table tournament.Once a month there is a $250 buy in, winner take all for one table,1-3 payouts when we play two tables. These are all in Pepperell Mass . ALso Mon. nights in Ayer Mass. at La Sita,resteraunt they host a nl game . $50 buy in I believe .Playing next Mon.Oh..it's everyother Monday night Sorry.Regarding the Elks club ,I played there a won several tournies,but don't play anymore after I caught some chip dumping.Oh...well
Old 10-19-2004, 12:46 PM

Recently played there for the first and last time. Seems like everyone knows each other and I don't know about team work, but there was undue respect given to each other when I was in a hand, then dumped. Several times there was aggressive betting while I was in the pot, then checked down after I got out. Collusion? Maybe - maybe not, but enough not to go back. This was tourney, very loose play in that. Never did the live games.

There is NLHE tournament every other Monday in Manchester at the Bingo Hall. Don't play live there much but the tourney usually gets 100 or more players. $100 buy in. $50 rebuys. Next one should be on the 25th.

There is also a game every weekend in Laconia at the 'Fun Spot'. Same type of tourney. Typical 1-2 live games.

There are also a lot of 'chairty' tournments being held in and around portsmouth. No real schedule, just sort of come up a few times a month.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:08 PM

Cool. Thanks for the postings. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Haven't played a lot of the tourneys at the lodge, but, a lot of the live games (which is fine.) Find the play is pretty loose enough as it is, good way to win some (s)low -limit stakes.. : )

Anyways, we play a home game(s) too during the week. Low buy-ins usually. The days vary. Anyone interested just send me a message sometime...

Always fun to play with new blood, I think.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is NLHE tournament every other Monday in Manchester at the Bingo Hall. Don't play live there much but the tourney usually gets 100 or more players. $100 buy in. $50 rebuys. Next one should be on the 25th.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear the rake for this tourney is unreal. They take like 50% of the total amount of the prizepool
Old 10-24-2004, 02:43 PM

Default this years wsop champ does

Heard the wsop champplayed at the elks club Friday night .
Old 10-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: this years wsop champ does

Yeap, he did. He's a really nice guy, too. He was playing people heads up after the tournament, and signing autographs and such. Pretty cool time.