Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Poker + dictation software

I get sore hands/wrists when I play too much poker (i've been to the doc, nothing too serious). I'd like to use Dragon naturally speaking to multitable. Does anyone here use this program and is it feasable to do that?
Old 10-18-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Poker + dictation software

Ive been wondering the same thing. I would like to just say "1-raise, 2-fold, 3 call, 7 raise, etc. Instead of using hands, this way I could play PS2 also.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:23 PM

probably would only be good for single table play, no? i would think creating macros for the shortcut commands would be easy. i guess complex macros could be created for multi tables, but i would be scared of that.

if you play more than one game, look at the touch screen stuff. if you use the voice recognition, please tell us how it goes. i would be very interested.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:32 PM

I don't think voice recognition programs are accurate enough for poker. Even if it was 99% accurate, the other 1% means clicking the wrong button on each table at least once an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
i guess complex macros could be created for multi tables, but i would be scared of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a macro I made for multitabling Party skins using numpad keys: link
Old 10-18-2004, 09:18 PM

Ah that's really cool, I remember using those in Ultima Online, never considered theyd be useful for anytihng else.

As far as the voice recognition goes, if you use simple 1-2 word commands I don't think it messes up at all. You could use that radio alphabet (whiskey, tango, zulu etc) instead of words that may be difficult to enunciate. Betting amounts might be a problem though.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:52 PM

Hehe, I used to macro UO also.

I haven't used Dragon Dictate for maybe 6 years, I'm sure it's gotten a lot better. It has it's own integrated macro system, so if the reliability is there, it's definitely possible.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:59 PM

www.thepokervoice.com - offers voice recognition software for up to two poker tables. Only two kinda sucks.

What's even lamer is that you have to "OPEN or REACTIVATE an online poker account and your download link will be automatically emailed to you". IE, once you're his affiliate, he will give you the software link.

The paranoia in me says that the software might not even exist, he just wants your affiliation. But if you play two rooms or less, it's worth looking into I guess.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:08 AM

doesn't exist