Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)

I especially like her view that we should kill all the leader's of the not so friendly countries in the Middle East and convert the populace to Christianity. Thoughtful and humane stuff, Ann Coulter...if it's 1095 or so.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:40 PM

I unfortunatly read one of her books, Treason. In it she states that one reason that liberals are so bad is that they use Ad Hominem attacks. Then she turns around and does it herself.

Quotes by Her

COULTER: Well, truth be told, I think I'm a moderate, and the rest of the world is crazy. I will accept the right-wing moniker.

An attack on Cleland
liberals were lying about how he lost his limbs in Vietnam. It was not in combat. He did not win a Purple Heart. But suddenly, Democrats who thought that a draft-dodging pot smoker would make an excellent commander in chief just eight years ago, now demand military service. They've all become jock-sniffers for war veterans.

GIBSON: And you also refer to some of those who lost their husbands in 9-11 as McWidows.

COULTER: Right. [ABC, Good Morning America, 10/5/04]

"I'm so pleased with my gender. We're not that bright."

"Luckily for Cleland's political career and current pomposity about Bush, he happened to do it [lose an arm and both legs] while in Vietnam."

I'll admit it that I am a liberal. But with that being said, I find her the most offensive conservative pundent out there. All this book will do is create more false talking points in your head. If you want to study politcs, go ahead, but a book like this it completely absurd.

Oh by the way the last political science book I read was 'Does America Need a Foriegn Policy' by Henry Kissenger

Melch
Old 10-17-2004, 11:41 PM

Ah, yes, and didn't she get all cozy with Joe McCarthy's grave in "Treason"?

Yeah, she's legitimate.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An attack on Cleland
liberals were lying about how he lost his limbs in Vietnam. It was not in combat. He did not win a Purple Heart. But suddenly, Democrats who thought that a draft-dodging pot smoker would make an excellent commander in chief just eight years ago, now demand military service. They've all become jock-sniffers for war veterans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the attack? This is all a matter of public record.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:45 AM

The only thing that Anne Coulter is good for is a nice hate f*ck. And you can take that to the f*cking bank!

Slick "The Moderate" Poppa
Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 AM

A few quotes from articles on Ann Coulter's web site:

" . . . the Democrats' favorite country, the USSR."

"Democrats are constantly suing and slandering police as violent, fascist racists"

"To the extent Democrats are forced to recognize working-class white men, they call them 'fascists'."

"Despite colossal efforts by the Democrats to fake out Americans and pretend the Democrats are normal Americans who love their country, every once in a while they make a mistake and give us a 'tell'."

[Glad to see she reads Mike Caro.]

Surely, nobody takes her seriously. She's an entertainer, not a serious political commentator.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:54 AM

furthermore, don't those hard assed conservative girls have a lot of pent up sexual energy to release?
Old 10-18-2004, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that Anne Coulter is good for is a nice hate f*ck. And you can take that to the f*cking bank!

Slick "The Moderate" Poppa

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I've had the same thought before.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just finished Ann Coulter's new book "How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)".

I highly recommend it to any of you Conservatives...you liberals should stay away and watch the boob tube instead. Libs will only get upset, whine and call her a "big fat stupid white chick" or "a lying liar" or something else just as devoid of any intellectual substance whatsoever, even if they only read the back cover.

A flaming liberal friend of mine was at my house this weekend and saw the book on my living room table. He exclaimed "You reading that garbage?" I said "Yeah, it’s great. You read it yet?" He replied (predictably) "Hell no - she's a liar." I asked him what the last political book he read was. He hasn't read ANY, EVER. This is the same guy who swears by Mikey Moore's fake documentaries which have been proven to be, well, phony as hell to all but the blind sheep. I pity my buddy for his obvious lack of sense on politics, but he's a good guy on many other levels. He’ll vote Kerry and then whine when he loses. I avoid talking politics with my lib friends. I don’t like embarrassing them.

Anyway, I went way off topic there. "How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)" wasn't as coarse as Ann's other books, which was refreshing. Her sense of humor is outstanding. I laughed out loud at least once on almost every page. Libs make me laugh daily, but Ann's perspective makes me laugh at them even louder.

I wonder why so many Conservatives' books spend weeks or months on end on bestseller lists while far, far fewer liberal books do. Maybe the lib's are getting their views from comedians like John Stewart and Letterman instead of reading intellectual books. Ahhh, the old "Idiot Box".....

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your typical post. No facts, substance or intelligent thought, just childish name-calling and self-serving drivel. Most posters in this forum would be surprised if you were ever to actually post real information instead of the same old crap.

MEGADITTOS!
Old 10-18-2004, 08:38 AM

Default LOL! You are dumber than Bush!

Calling Coulter intellectual reading is like making Dr. Suess required reading on the syllabus for a philosphy class.

You are a bigger moron than Bush. I didn't think that possible, but you made it. Congratulations!