Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 12:58 PM

Default My thinking on this not too common situation alright?

Party 5/10. Opponent is fishy according to the autorate rules that were posted here a couple of weeks ago.

Opponent is in LP and openlimps, I raise ATo in SB, BB folds, LP calls.
Flop: AA6
I bet, LP calls.
Turn: A
I figure that if I check now, he will probably bluff at the pot, earning me an extra bet if he has nothing. I check, he bets, I call. I didn't raise because that way I might get a bet out of him on the river as well. Of course, to prevent it from being checked through, I will bet the river.
River: 2
I bet...

I know this isn't really a common situation, but I was wondering if my line of thinking was correct.

Peter
Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: My thinking on this not too common situation alright?

Not a bad line i don't think. Although bet/bet may have just as easily earned you the same amount or he could have folded who knows. Like you said this situation isn't all that common... to make the right play you need to know the players WTSD% and Agression. A low WTSD and high agression would make me check/call more than a high wtsd and low aggressivion. So.... it depends, but not much because it happens so little that you don't lose much EV playing it either way.