Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Big Game Tomorrow

Just [censored] brutal.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Wow...

God Damn NPA. On the way home I was planning on just dropping a post that said "WOW" and elaborating after taking a much needed nap. Then you already did it. So now I need to post more content and not sleep.

WOW! I'm in pain. We went 8-0 at home last year so it's been 10 games since I've felt like this. I have season tickets with 4 of my buddies and after the last play we sat there in silence for about 5 minutes. Finally, my roommate said, "you know guys...there are worse things that could happen". But no one could name a single one.

Well what could be worse is dropping a game like this in late November or December....or god willing, mid-January. This is a real good team we have and they have the ability to do great things. Today was a huge letdown and everyone knows it. What will determine this team's fate is how they react to this loss. The game next week is playing with house money...if you lose it's all good but if you win it's a huge one. It's the remaining 11 games that matter. Maybe I'm just looking for something positive but a loss like this can focus a team and make them realize that they're not invincible.

Here are some things you can take to the bank:
<ul type="square">
The Seahawks will avenge this loss with a win in St. Louis.
The Seahawks will win the NFC West.
I am really hung over, running on fumes after getting 1 hour of sleep after work, from 7:30-8:30AM, and I have to go back at 11 tonight.[/list]The corners looked fantastic today. Against 2 of the better wide receivers in the league, they more than held their own. The Rams opened it up when they went 4 wide and hit up the middle of the defense. We really need Chad Brown back because our linebackers are a huge weakness.

Everything's gonna be alright. I give myself part of the blame for going to the store this morning after work and buying Busch because it was on sale. I bought Schmidt's before the 49ers game and it worked real well. You can bet that we'll be drinking Schmidt's before the Carolina game on Halloween.

I don't really know if what I said makes much sense. It's the reaction of a 5-year season ticket holder who just got a fat kidney punch but is trying to pull some silver lining from it. Man this sucks. Oh well...game 4...12 to go...

GO SEAHAWKS!

Schaefer
Old 10-15-2004, 12:45 AM

I'm posting on the same thread as one of the authors of the book I am reading right now

UNREAL, MAN
Old 10-15-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm posting on the same thread as one of the authors of the book I am reading right now

UNREAL, MAN

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fun, until he tells you you're misapplying the concepts in his book. Then see how it feels! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]