Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 07:02 PM

Default 2nd pair top kicker

I ve been thinking about this and wanted to get some thoughts. For simplicity's sake lets assume you are in the BB and get to see the flop unraised and there are 4 players to the flop. How often do you bet out 2nd pair good kicker? Do you ever check raise it? If so how often? How do you change the play with 5 or 6 players to the flop? Do you take into acct how close the second pair is to the top pair? I know this is sort of general, but any thoughts would be appreciated. I think lately I may have been overplaying second pair.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Re: 2nd pair top kicker

So um................ I guess everyone just check-folds this without a second thought.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 PM

i think the reason this post didn't get any answers is because you are asking the wrong questions. it like asking "how often should i turn right or left when i'm driving a car?" even if you got an answer it wouldn't be very helpful.

you have to post specific hands that you've played in order for anyone to really help you. try making a post containing a few hands where you had 2nd pair and weren't sure how to play it. that will get many more responses and will be much more productive.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 PM

You might find the "One Way Not to Fold" essay from Inside the Poker Mind interesting. It discusses when it might be right to check-raise in this situation.