Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 07:19 AM

Default Easy laydown?

Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed)

MP3 ($76.25)
CO ($52.3)
Button ($43)
SB ($47.5)
BB ($90.05)
UTG ($160.9)
UTG+1 ($46.46)
UTG+2 ($60.68)
Hero ($181.77)
MP2 ($81.02)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $2</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $3.

Flop: ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG+2 calls $6.

Turn: ($23.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($23.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero folds.

Final Pot: $23.50
<font color="green">Main Pot: $23.50, returned to UTG+2.</font>

Ok my flop bet is crap and weak. Maybe should have reaise a dollar or two more preflop as this was the the guy to isolate, thou it worked pretty well. Might have been ahead at turn even thou bettin out here would be commiting to a scare card, wouldnt feel that right if he pushed back at me there, thou i still figure to have the clubs as outs for the river...

I guess the crappy flop bet eiter saved me some stash or just cost me the pot...

just kick me while im down...
Old 10-14-2004, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Easy laydown?

Seems oddly converted. Did he bet on the river. If he did, I wouldn't call a big bet, but maybe a decent one. I think he plays very weak for ak. He could just be slowplaying aa or kk, but I doubt it because of the board. Would he call a reraise with kq? I think it's a fair possibility that he's overplaying jacks or tens.

I think it's sort of a tough spot, i have a hard time pinning him to a hand. I would call a bet against a loose player, if it's not too big.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:45 AM

Bet bigger on the flop. I wouldn't check the turn. Fire out a 2/3 pot bet on the turn, and you will either get a free showdown on the river, or if he's simply on a king, you could buy the pot right there. By checking the turn, you give the hand up. Your fear of being committed means no matter what your opponent is holding, he will win the pot. Any competent player is going to bet that river to buy the pot since it's very clear you're fearing the flush.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:49 AM

What did he bet on the river? BTW, I dont think checking the turn is that bad, as you certainly dont want to be raised, and it gives you a cheap chance to make your flush. He will, however, bet with some worse hands here, but youre usually behind.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:58 AM

Like you said yourself raise a few more $ preflop. Bet more on the flop. Check on the turn is fine, you have out and you dont want to get raised out of the pot. When you check the turn you need to be ready to call the river. Just my 2 cents.
Ace
Old 10-14-2004, 12:25 PM

He acted first on river and went all in for 50$ more. Guess the conversion missed that bet somehow.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:15 PM

I agree - you had several outs assuming he was not holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (which he may have - I don't know how he usually bets w/ AKs or anything). However, and this is a rule that many pro's have said, if you are first to act and it's heads up on the turn, bet hands with few or no outs and check hands w/ outs. If you had no club, you should have bet and could safely fold to a raise against typical players.