Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Pocket Kings vs the dreaded overcard

I've run into this situation many, many times. I assume every serious poker player has...

Since you're HU, you're in a better situation. However, you're out of position. I like the way you followed the PF aggression with a bet on the flop. However, with a $4 pot, I'd bet at least 3/4 of the pot, or $3. The reason being is that you gain way more information on where your hand stands in relation to your opponent. Betting half the pot gives your opponent all the reason to call w/ any possible hand such as Ace rag, flush draw, 33, etc. Granted, he PROBABLY has you beat right here once he calls the flop and the turn hits, however, even if you put him on an ace, which probably is AQ at best, given the PF action, I'd try to drive his weak ace out on the flop with a bigger bet, even a pot size one, given the fact that he didn't raise with an ace, if he had one, before the flop and just called your raise instead.