Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 07:25 AM

Default Help with pokertracker/rake issue

Could someone help me out. I'm wondering if there is any easy way to calculate how much I've contributed in rake to a surtain site. If I'm playing at EmpirePoker for an example, is by loading all files in the hands history and manually sum rake total the only way to know how much rake I've contributed during a month?

Is there perhaps a much more easier and cleaver way to do this? I'm very new to pokertracker and anykind of help would be great.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Help with pokertracker/rake issue

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone help me out. I'm wondering if there is any easy way to calculate how much I've contributed in rake to a surtain site. If I'm playing at EmpirePoker for an example, is by loading all files in the hands history and manually sum rake total the only way to know how much rake I've contributed during a month?

Is there perhaps a much more easier and cleaver way to do this? I'm very new to pokertracker and anykind of help would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, it's "certain"
second, unfortunately, with the new hand history files, you will load hands in which do did not actually participate. If you get HH's e-mailed to you instead, all you need to do is (on the summary page) take total rake (for a given level) and divide by the average number of players.

If you want to know what the actual rake you paid is (as opposed to gross rake), just look to the far right of the general tab).
Old 10-13-2004, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

... second, unfortunately, with the new hand history files, you will load hands in which do did not actually participate....

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still getting used to the new version of Poker Tracker, but I don't think what you said here is true. The HH text files on the hard drive ONLY contain the hands you were dealt, just like the emailed HHs.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:58 PM

Check out this topic: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1
Old 10-13-2004, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

... second, unfortunately, with the new hand history files, you will load hands in which do did not actually participate....

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still getting used to the new version of Poker Tracker, but I don't think what you said here is true. The HH text files on the hard drive ONLY contain the hands you were dealt, just like the emailed HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they also include hands in which you were sitting at the table but not dealt in. This makes a difference for me, because I take occasional smoke breaks and sit out for 5 or 6 minutes at a time. I'm not sure if hands at the beginning, waiting for the bb, are included, but I imagine they are.
Easy way for you to verify this: filter for a single day, and compare the number of hands in the summary to the number of hands played on the general tab. The former will be larger.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:54 PM

I don't have PT on the computer that I'm on now, but the way I understand it is that the *.txt files stored in C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\HandHistory\...\...\ contain only the hands you were dealt. Am I wrong about this?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:06 PM

YEP.....your wrong. This folder as far as I know will store hands form any table which you just happen to be viewing. One does not even have to be seated to get histories as long as the table is open and you are recovering your files from this folder.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YEP.....your wrong. This folder as far as I know will store hands form any table which you just happen to be viewing. One does not even have to be seated to get histories as long as the table is open and you are recovering your files from this folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he's right. To get hand histories of tables you're just viewing, you need to wiew the .hhf files which are deleted when the software is shut down. The <tablename>.txt files just have your hands (or at least just the ones when you are seated at the table).
Old 10-13-2004, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he's right. To get hand histories of tables you're just viewing, you need to wiew the .hhf files which are deleted when the software is shut down. The <tablename>.txt files just have your hands (or at least just the ones when you are seated at the table).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I was right... If you're importing the txt files, then you don't have to worry about the hands you weren't dealt. It's just like the emailed HHs, right?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I was right... If you're importing the txt files, then you don't have to worry about the hands you weren't dealt. It's just like the emailed HHs, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try what I suggested?
I am importing the text files, as I have PT on a different computer than I play on (don't ask). I get hands in the database that I wasn't dealt in (but I was seated). I do NOT get hands from tables I was watching, but not seated at.