Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars doesn\'t offer true Hold\'em

hilarious thread.. thought it was a joke for the first 5 posts or so

honestly, if you are bothered by the fact that ps doesnt electronically burn cards, you need to check yourself into a mental hospital.. or an elementary probability class..
Old 10-13-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Re: I\'m not sure who is the bigger moron...

[ QUOTE ]
Moronic me remembers it well from my time UT Law School. As articles editor for the Law Review. Graduating with honors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name-checking your school and mentioning the type of degree you have, eh? I suppose this is intended to raise you up, in our eyes, to a higher level. Nice one. But think about the effect you're having on the reputation of the UT Law School.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Using burn cards is SO important it's not funny. In a live game, decks can be marked and cards shuffled in such a way as to cause cheating. Online, the burn card is also important for similar reasons. Everybody knows there are computer programs that you can buy that predict the board based upon Poker Star's not-so-random "random" number generation. It's impossible to have a truly random generation with a computer. As a result, there are a limited number of possible shuffles. Because of this, shuffles (and in turn, boards) can be predicted based upon your position to the button, and your hole cards. Therefore it is very easy to cheat with a computer. You know what cards are coming before they even flop, and you can go all in with 23o pre-flop knowing that the board will come A45J7. Watch that JJ and AK call you as you take all their money!!! Burn cards are the ONLY way to prevent this cheating. Burn cards are absolutely necessary online, just as much in a real game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought that there are people out there so clever that they can crack the dealing algorithm and simultaneously so stupid that they can't look ahead one more card is quite surreal.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:29 AM

Very reminiscent of my days as a Blackjack dealer (Aug 2003 - Apr 2004).

The number of players who would get upset when a new dealer would come mid-shoe and burn a card because it 'upset the flow fo the cards'.
They would all say...."but now...the hand that I was going to get is now going to be his hand and you are going to get her hand, etc etc...it's all messed up now"
There were also a couple times when i came in mid-shoe and FORGOT to burn a card and the players would complain that I messed things up because a new dealer is supposed to burn a card.

One time, I replaced a new dealer who incorrectly burned a card when I tapped him out....not knowing this, I burned a card as well. The table saw that 2 whole cards were burned and they went kind of nutty.

Then there was the situation when the 10 cards slid out of the shoe when I was starting to deal. The floor told me to burn them all and the player at my table couldn't believe the floor would make such a decision that was so 'Anti-Player'.

You guys may or may not think that the IQ of the average 2+2'er isn't terribly high....but IMO, the fact that most around here understand the stupidity of the burn-card argument that Binions presents is proof, to me, that most 2+2'ers are WELL ahead of the curve.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We could ask Sklansky to get involved, but he is too busy arguing about religion and abortion these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this thread is very closely related to the religion threads.

My win-rate wouldn't be nearly what it is without the kind of logic that Binions presents.
We should all thank God everyday for all the players who think like Binions does.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM

This fully explains why my AA always loses and my 84o always sucks out.

Now I'm gonna put this information to use and clean up Poker Stars.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:35 AM

That makes more sense than this thread does.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:33 PM

Default stupidist pile of trash Ive ever read

Is this a joke? Are you 4 years old? If not the original poster is retarded
I come to this forum to learn about poker not read whining babies bitch about there luck based on burn cards.
I'm sure other people who post herecount count cards in blackjack as well as play poker and here the ignorant flow of the cards nonsense while at the tables. It balances out long term. Get over it. Stop making excuses for a bad run of cards.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Now you are being silly

[ QUOTE ]
A moth farts in china and you miss a royal by one card.

[/ QUOTE ]
[smacks moth]

Hah! I'll no longer miss my royal flushes.

[walks away, whistling]
Old 10-13-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: I\'m not sure who is the bigger moron...

Dude, you should totally sue PokerStars.

It's obvious that their 'MAJOR' change in hold 'em rules will give you an open and shut case.

Please don't let the *many* posts disagreeing with you deter you in the slightest. You obviously know what you're talking about and I think your work will have a profound impact on the game online as we know it.

In fact, there is a good chance that the possibly child raping multi-millionaire Paul Philips would jump at the chance to back this endeavor due to it's hugely +EV outlook. Can you see why?

I'll let others elaborate.