Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 9 out of 10 terrorists agree \"Anybody but Bush!\"

I think the US would be safer if we had never invaded Iraq. Our occupation there, even if completely sincere and well intentioned, will be a strong selling point for radical muslims to recruit more terrorists. My position on this, shared by many others, is that the US decision to invade does not make pragmatic, longterm sense.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:26 AM

If there is anything terrorists want it is a christian superpower increasing it's meddling in the middle east. The more countries the US occupy, the more support the US give to Israel the better for the terrorists.

There is no better recruiting tool for terrorists than US under GWB. Just look at the IRA trying to disrupt the peace talks in Northern Ireland a while back. As long as there was conflict they were in business. With peace they have no way of recruiting and they lose the support of the masses.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:41 AM

There isn't real peace in Northern Ireland - every week people get murdered due to the Catholic/Protestant debacle. It just doesn't get media attention because the mainland is not getting bombed.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Put the Kool-Aid down and back away.

"Meanwhile, Saddam had no qualms about firing unguided scud missiles at Israeli children. And if any Kurd children were around during the gassings, they're already dead, too."

Yep, and we sold him the gas and supplied him with the helicopters to deliver it, and gave him permission to do so.

"The invasion of Iraq can be argued and debated on certain points, but, geez, some of you guys act like everyone would be better off if Saddam was still in power and killing and torturing and raping people at his whim."

As opposed to the kinder, gentler torture that is going on now at low level troops whim? I think being killed by US troops or Saddam leaves someone just as dead, so they are "dead" even on that one.

"Any time you guys need a refresher, just dig up some 9/11 video. You'll be reminded of what truly evil people are capable of."

Yeah, that was done by a guy named Bin Laden. Where is he? I don't think he is in Iraq, do you?

"People under 30 or so might also need a refresher on Desert Storm and what chaos was happening thanks to Saddam invading Kuwait. Saddam's history with the U.S. goes back a long way."

Yes, Saddam's history sure does go a long way. We helped him get back into his country when he was in his 20s. We financed him and helped him gain power, and then supported him for many more years after that to make sure he could retain it. We helped him build up his armed forces, and supplied him with many weapons.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:01 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Another Terror Plot Stopped (in the USA)

You don't hear much about the Terror cells and Individual Terrorists who are stopped in the US these days. But we continue to have success in stopping plots, let's hope our success continues.

Terrorist plot in Tennessee foiled
Old 10-11-2004, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the US decision to invade does not make pragmatic, longterm sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does make long term sense, for defense contractors and companies in oil/gas and related businesses. It also makes alot of sense for the Bush crew (short term sense).
Old 10-11-2004, 06:38 AM

So, let me get this straight: Either we support The Party and we rally behind The Leader, or we're somehow In League With The Enemy?

For the record: this is America, 2004, not 1930's Berlin.

q/q
Old 10-11-2004, 06:15 PM

Umm, that really hurt your unbiased opinion on things bro.
I'm almost ashamed that I am voting for the same person as you are. But I guess every group has thier peanut gallery.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 PM

Just a reminder.