Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: how do you explain this chip reece play on PSI

best possible scenario is everyone folds and he gets a nice pot, the hand doenst make to television and millions of idiots watch some other hand where some player got lucky
Old 10-11-2004, 04:08 PM

Unlike others, I think he put at least two of the others on Ax hands. Thus he had the richer draw potential, and being short stacked it probably looked to be a good spot to try to triple up.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:24 PM

Doyle didn't limp. He played second hand low. He was the first player to flat call a raise. I don't remember if Doyle discusses that play in his book, but TJ discusses it in his.

You have to look at the players in the hand. Doyle and Gus are famous loose aggressive players. Chip probably figured neither of them had much.

If he winds up heads up against TJ against say against TT or AJ, the pot odds will compensation for his slight disadvantage.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blinds 2000 - 4000 tj raises to approx 12000 doyle flat calls
gus flat calls. chip pushes in for 56K more with KQ suited. tj mucks 10s doyle calls with AA and gus folds 88. i know he is considered one of the best players in the game but how can he possibly think that he either has the best hand or is going to get all 3 to fold when the pot is going to lay decent odds.
any explanation or just a bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ Could have a whole large range of hands here. After Doyle's call, I would figure he's on something decent, but not that huge... possibly connectors, more likely a low to mid PP. After Doyle's call, and knowing Gus Hansen, his cold call could be absolutely anything ;P

Lots of money in the pot, and he figures he's probably going to pick up the pot more often than not... and if not, most of the time, he's gonna have a fairly legitimate chance of winning the pot and having a nice stack to work with.

I mean sure, Doyle had AA here, but it seems that from the range of hands you'd expect to see, this ain't bad at all. I mean, keep in mind that if everybody folds, Chip's stack is going to be pushing 100k.

I dunno, of course I don't play at this level, or anywhere near it for that matter.