Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: $400-$800 hand. Also my most amazing poker story ever.

OK, I can admit when I'm wrong. After looking through the posters, most of the guys are definitely high limit players. I'm just perplexed that the advice he's recieved is to not take advantage of the fact that he has position on the table, he knows what the maniac has, he knows he has a better hand, there's only 3 players left to act, and he knows he's going to get paid off if he hits any type of hand. Eugene made a decent 3 month salary because he was able to take advantage of what some of you guys consider a small edge, but what I would call a gigantic advantage. Just because the other players know he's trying to isolate, it still doesn't give them correct odds to call with mediocre to poor holdings such as 78s, 9J, etc.. Even if one of them wakes up with KQs or Ax, he knows KC bets the flop and he can raise to try to isolate if the board comes low. Are you calling all the way down with K or A hi knowing your going to have to put in at least 2 bets in on every street?