Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 02:42 PM

Default PokerTracker

How is pokertracker helpful to you? Is it an indispensible tool?
Old 10-09-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker

People use it to various degrees, obviously the more attention you pay to all of the details and individual player information the more it will improve your game. I use it mainly as a tracker of my winrate and whatnot, probably not as much as I should. Anyway, if you play poker alot, its a nominal amount of money to pay to improve your game.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM

It's as useful as you want it to be but I would not call it indispensible. Now is is worth the 55 bucks...probably not if you play microlimits.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:34 AM

Is it indispensable? I think so. Is it worth the $55? Absolutely. I've been using it for about a month, and I've already seen a noticeable improvement in my game.

There are a LOT of ways to use PT, but here are the three I've found most useful to me:
1. Tracks your play, so you can see if you're too loose, too passive, etc. (As determined by VP$IP, PFR and Aggression.)
2. Tracks your opponents, so you can see trends. If an opponent is prone to raise PF w/ hands like T8o, you can see that, and know it's +EV to call with Axs.
3. With the Advanced Notes Export and the ability to gather HHs from tables you are merely observing on Party, you can easily determine if a table is likely to be profitable. (i.e. Lots of fish.)

While I wouldn't say PT has paid for itself yet, it's getting awful close. (And maybe it would have if my AA had not been cracked when I got 3 AI callers PF yesterday.)
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 AM

where are the party Hand histories for games you are not participating in stored at? (if i want to leave tables running to get notes on people?)
Old 10-11-2004, 11:38 AM

The files are in your root PP directory (usually c:\Program Files\Party Poker\).

For more information, go here. Bear in mind, the latest update changes some of this, so you'll want to check the help file for complete details and setup instruction.