Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 03:29 PM

Default Flush Draws

I'm not sure how I should be playing a flopped four-flush. Assume I'm in a normal micro-limit game, with no other draws of any kind, no reads, and about 5 or 6 seeing the flop. Should I bet out if I'm one of the first to act? How should I play if someone bets into me?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Flush Draws

This thread helped me understand value betting/raising draws on the flop / bet odds (the actual hand is an OE straight draw, but same logic).
Old 10-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Flush Draws

If you are 4-flushed on the flop, you are 1.9:1 to make your flush by the river. So without a specific example (post hands), I have to make a couple assumptions.

1. You have 2 cards flush cards in your hand.
2. The board doesn't pair.

Your goal here is to maximize the money in the pot while it's still +EV. Against 2 opponents, you are just slightly +EV, but if you have more than 2 opponents, you want to see the flop capped and still have at least 2 opponents when the dust settles.

This goes the same for OESDs. With an OESD, you are about 2.1:1 to make it by the river, so on the flop, with 3 opponents or more, you want to see it capped if possible.

Now there are no black and white rules on how to accomplish this. You have to take into consideration your opponents, their timidness, their aggression, the position of the pfr, etc in order to maximize the amount of money you put in the pot.

Just remember, if your play is +EV, you will win in the long run. You may lose a lot of money on any given hand, but over the long run, you will win money playing like this.