Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 09:01 AM

Default The button

Hey all. Just started playin UB more lately, bonus whoring and all that, 25 and 50 NL tables mostly. Anyway, does anyone on here play their suited connectors/drawing hands less on UB due to most players' adherence to the "Bet Pot" button? Id played the Stars and Party low-stakes NL tables alot, and players, especially on Stars, will rarely bet the pot, especially once it becomes decent sized. I have mixed feelings about the button, as it has allowed me to win big pots far more often as players become quickly committed with good but not great hands when I have them beat. Players also seem more willing to call big bets b/c they've grown so accustomed to seeing pot-sized bets. This does make it very difficult, though, when you have flush/straight draw hands, b/c while you may have marginally ok implied odds to call a flop bet, there's no way you can call on the turn if the pot is heads up. Does this affect anyone's preflop selection?