Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: smashing pumpkins chips

[ QUOTE ]
It was a purple old victorian, right?

Regarding the chips, I don't think I am going to do it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

no kitchen though [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 06:37 PM

Maybe your wife doesn't like cooking and didn't know another way to tell you.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe your wife doesn't like cooking and didn't know another way to tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

no--she likes cooking. that house would have required lots of $$$ and time
Old 10-08-2004, 07:22 PM

I actually have a picture of that house.

I also read somewhere that Billy just purchased the second most expensive home in the Chicago area's history. IIRC, I think it was $14 million.

Pretty expensive for a guy who was in a band that "didn't make a dent". I guess selling 40 million records and selling out nearly every concert you play for 9 years in a row isn't "making a dent" by some people's standards here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty expensive for a guy who was in a band that "didn't make a dent". I guess selling 40 million records and selling out nearly every concert you play for 9 years in a row isn't "making a dent" by some people's standards here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DP, don't get me wrong I like the SP's alot, and I give them a lot of credit for actual talent. But the above statement can be applied to Britney Spears, or The Backstreet Boys, or even [fill in the blank]. Sales does not always equal talent.

Ten
Old 10-09-2004, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DP, don't get me wrong I like the SP's alot, and I give them a lot of credit for actual talent. But the above statement can be applied to Britney Spears, or The Backstreet Boys, or even [fill in the blank]. Sales does not always equal talent.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that probably more so than most people. 95% of my record collection are by bands you've probably never heard of.

However, I believe the person who stated they "didn't make a dent" was referring to sales as that's the most obvious. If you want to talk about critical acclaim, I believe they've had over 10 grammy nominations... or if you want to talk about their influence and inspiration on future generations of artists, we can talk about that too.

This band is very underrated, even despite the millions of fans they still have. And sadly, one of the reasons is because their music was too smart, too deep, and too emotionally involved for your average person. As much as I like Cobain and Veder, they're highschoolers in the world of music while Billy is a professor.

Cobain had no problem admitting this while he was alive, as he even said stuff like Sonic Youth was over his head. Not sure if someone like Veder could put his ego aside to admit this fact though.