Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Re: AKs

[ QUOTE ]
I think going for river checkraises when youve been the one dominating the action the whole way, is a big mistake against all but the aggresive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody on this forum who has played against me will tell you I love to checkraise the turn and river - especially after putting in the last bet/raise on the previous street. It doesn't work all the time, but then again it doesn't have to in order to be the correct play. With the action I gave villian, checkraising is definately the best play vs most opponents in that game. I firmly believe that my tendency to cr later streets like that is a key component to why I kill those tables for so much.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
How many people here in villian's shoes go for the check raise on the river with KQ and TT? If that's not your default play, you're leaving a lot on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Player dependent isn't it? In many games i play in, if you check the river, it gets checked through.

b
Old 10-08-2004, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the action I gave villian, checkraising is definately the best play vs most opponents in that game. I firmly believe that my tendency to cr later streets like that is a key component to why I kill those tables for so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit giving away your secrets you table soccer hustler.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quit giving away your secrets you table soccer hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]
I want everyone else on the forum to learn from this fish's mistake. When someone whom you are beating handily (for example, say, 7-0 in a first-to-10) offers you a bet on the current contest - and you know your opponent definatlely cares whether he wins or loses - you should consider the possibility you are being husseled.

Unless, of course, you have a secret desire to be the next contributor to The Dude's wall. In which case, you should take the bet and then whine like a bitch when you lose. That way you never really have to admit you wanted to lose.