Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 08:40 PM

Default The Turn

I called the two bets with my gutshot and everyone else completed. 5 of us see the turn for two bets.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

Forget whatever bad play I made previously, if I hadn't done it already, this is an easy fold, right? There's not enough money in the pot to try to hit my four outer?

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Re: The Turn

[ QUOTE ]
I called the two bets with my gutshot and everyone else completed. 5 of us see the turn for two bets.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

Forget whatever bad play I made previously, if I hadn't done it already, this is an easy fold, right? There's not enough money in the pot to try to hit my four outer?

Thanks for the assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero folds and steps back down to 3/6?

Dan
Old 10-08-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: The Turn

Yeah I don't really like the play up to the turn, but now you absolutely must fold. The great likelihood is that you are drawing dead, regardless of what type of player the CO is. You really don't have any pot equity here considering the flop action and shouldn't even think about a call. Sklansky read this post and threw up on himself.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Re: PP 15/30: KQo in SB

This is as always player dependent. If you think the player has tight raising standards then call with a dominated hand in the worse position is not a good play. If you know the player to make this play with medium pairs and suited connectors, then you can safely play this hand. If you do not have a read on this player, then I believe patience is the order of the day.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: The Flop

easy fold. It is very likely that you are going to be raised again AND you are possibly drawing dead already.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:06 AM

It's a marginal situation here, especially without a read on the cutoff.

If he/she is a tight weak player I would probably fold.
If he/she is a LAG I'd call.
If he/she is a twoplustwo'er..I'd call.

But if you don't have a read, I'd fold it. You need one more caller or limper to make this hand profitable enough to call an unknown raiser.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM

Default The River & Results

Hero folds on the turn, about two rounds later than he should have.

River: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between CO and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: CO (10.75 BB), Button (10.75 BB).</font>

CO has Ks Ad (three of a kind, aces).
Button has Kh Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 10.75 BB. Button wins 10.75 BB.

I just wanted to verify that I didn't screw up folding the turn once I had gotten myself there. Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM

I'd definitely call if the raiser has light raising standards and/or goes too far with his/her hands.
Against an unknown, I'd probably call, but it's pretty close. In a 1/3 or 1/2 blind structure I'd fold it.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: The Flop

This is a pretty easy fold for me. You're not closing the action, and even if you were, you're not getting the right odds since you have a very real possibility of drawing dead.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he/she is a tight weak player I would probably fold.
If he/she is a LAG I'd call.
If he/she is a twoplustwo'er..I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be putting too much on ONE person here.

There are 5 people in this hand increasing the possibilities that he is drawing slim or dead.

jw