Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: poker clock.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a total tech moron so here's a pretty basic question:

I'd like to have the TD screen show up on my big honkin TV. How hard is this to connect and can a TV show computer output?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your Sony accepts VGA input, then all you need is a VGA cable. Around $10.

If not what you are looking for is VGA to S video adapter. This is around $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, some video cards actually have RGB (also known as "RCA plug") output, which makes it trival.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier in this same post (7/18/04), I stated that I used The Poker Clock but had started to prefer The Tournament Director somewhat; I'm back to The Poker Clock as my prefered system due to an embarrassing problem one night during a tourney using The Tournament Director. The screen kept disappearing and I'd have to re-boot the computer to get it to work again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into a similar problem myself. After digging around and finding lots of cool sound files for Tournament Director (and successfully testing them with super-short dummy tournaments), I was ready to run my first tourney. Imagine my embarrassment when none of the timer-related sounds worked at all! Strangely, the clock pause/un-pause sound worked fine, as did the hand timer, but that was it.

I rebooted, reset the tournament, and did everything else I could think of. I'm really disappointed, because I felt like it was really a cool program and now I'm going to have to find (or write) something else.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran into a similar problem myself. After digging around and finding lots of cool sound files for Tournament Director (and successfully testing them with super-short dummy tournaments), I was ready to run my first tourney. Imagine my embarrassment when none of the timer-related sounds worked at all! Strangely, the clock pause/un-pause sound worked fine, as did the hand timer, but that was it.

I rebooted, reset the tournament, and did everything else I could think of. I'm really disappointed, because I felt like it was really a cool program and now I'm going to have to find (or write) something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Dr. Neau's Tournament Manager. It's donation-ware, cross-platform, can be used in a client-server environment, and does really good job.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 AM

What is a pokerclock
Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM

That figure must be wrong, because I sent a small paypal donation after I used it during the summer for a small 3 table tourney. It worked great and was hella easier than keeping track of the blinds manually. Eveyone thought the program was cool. Next tourney, I'll make sure to deduct some $ from to prize pool as it is definately worth the $.
G$
Old 10-08-2004, 01:24 PM

Initially, I had the same problem w/TD, but I noticed it only happend on my laptop (XP)and not my pc (win 2000) and it only happened when I re-sized the screens (ctrl-arrows). I just left the sizes the "stock" size and it worked fine. When I mentioned this to CC in an email, he had said to make sure my explorer had the latest microsoft update. I haven't tried to see if it works though.
G$
Old 10-08-2004, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Initially, I had the same problem w/TD, but I noticed it only happend on my laptop (XP)and not my pc (win 2000) and it only happened when I re-sized the screens (ctrl-arrows). I just left the sizes the "stock" size and it worked fine. When I mentioned this to CC in an email, he had said to make sure my explorer had the latest microsoft update. I haven't tried to see if it works though.
G$

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am running XP, but I don't think I'm downlevel on any updates.

After a little investigation, I noticed that while I was able to click on the white arrow to play the "stock" wav files, the new wav files (the ones that aren't working for me) won't play within the program. However, they play fine from windows...

I'm going to try Dr. Neau's as someone else recommended and see if I have the same problem.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:11 PM

check the path of the wavs that arnt playing within the program. for me my TD is installed in C:\TD yet the sound files were pointing to a temp folder (dont know why) for some reason and wernt playing (prolly due to temp folder being deleted). after making sure all the wavs were pointed to the c:\td\sounds everything worked ok. I know it seems kinda obvious, but just double check, might save you some time. If you get it working make sure to resave the sound template otherwise the problem will reappear next time you launch the program.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check the path of the wavs that arnt playing within the program. for me my TD is installed in C:\TD yet the sound files were pointing to a temp folder (dont know why) for some reason and wernt playing (prolly due to temp folder being deleted). after making sure all the wavs were pointed to the c:\td\sounds everything worked ok. I know it seems kinda obvious, but just double check, might save you some time. If you get it working make sure to resave the sound template otherwise the problem will reappear next time you launch the program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the suggestion -- unfortunately, that wasn't it. I cut and pasted the sound path from TD into IE just to check, and it played fine. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm going to e-mail Corey and see if he has any ideas. I love this program and I'd really like to figure out how to make it work with custom sounds.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After a little investigation, I noticed that while I was able to click on the white arrow to play the "stock" wav files, the new wav files (the ones that aren't working for me) won't play within the program. However, they play fine from windows...

I'm going to try Dr. Neau's as someone else recommended and see if I have the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the problem. I have my Tournament Director located on a network drive so that it's accessible from many computers in my house. The path to the sounds is hardcoded in the template file Mojo sent. Just open the "mojos_UT_sound_template.tst" in Word or Wordpad, or any other program that will allow you to search and replace a string of text. Replace the incorrect path to the sound folder with the correct path. Do not forget to use "\\" instead of "\".

Mine worked great after that.

Ten