Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 01:28 AM

Default Critique my AA play, please

UTG is sLA-A (over 1500 hands played against). Best player at this limit who I encounter regularly on multiple tables. I avoid him when I can (why play against good players when you can play against bad ones?).

MP2 has 15 hands against me VP$IP 66%, PFR 0%, AF .5

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (27.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 33.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 33.25 BB, between MP2, Hero and UTG.</font>
Old 10-06-2004, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Critique my AA play, please

Would probably throw this out on the turn or river, looks like a set or 2 pair is what you are up against. All i see you beating is AJ AQ AK and KK. Ax isnt as likely as you hold half of them.

-Sent
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 AM

Looks to me like MP2 has a set - he tried to slow-play it after the flop and then decided to cap the betting. I still call down with this hand - though I'm pretty positive you're beat. I guess that someone could have KcJc on the turn, which you do manage to beat, but I can't see two hands that are willing to cap betting that are beat by AA. The only hands that I see playing this aggressively that you can beat are KK and AJ/KJ.

Looking at this again, I think when it's 2 big bets to me on the turn, I probably decide to lay this down. The pot is laying you some nice odds - but I can't really tell how many outs you have. Someone either has a set, which will feature you drawing to 2 aces, or two pair, which will give you those aces and 12 really dirty outs (you don't know which two pair they have, though the 4 and the 3 are not particularly likely).

I think you played this fine - If you're looking for an opportunity to get away from this hand, there are certainly a few handed to you, but I might just take my lumps and see the showdown with this guy. All in all, no glaring mistakes though.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like MP2 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you targeted MP2 as the villan. I was more worried about UTG as he plays a great game. He usually respects it when I bet back at him, but this time he didn't, nor did he slow down when MP2 capped the flop. He went into call-down mode after the turn raise, which made me wonder about JJ vs TT. I still couldn't get away from the idea of KQ vs. AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something like that. Except when I got 3-bet.

My read on UTG is that he raises in that position only with premium hands. AK was a possibility pre-flop, but I'm not sure he would have 3-bet it when I raised him. KQs is much more of a possibility in that situation.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:45 PM

Fold pre-flop.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, when MP2 showed that strength, I almost did. But I had position and there was no possiblity of re-raising, so I capped it.

<font color="white">P.S. Bite me!</font>