Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 11:01 PM

Default JJ overpair with lots of action.

Comments please, guys?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB
Old 10-06-2004, 11:12 PM

Default Re: JJ overpair with lots of action.

I would raise bb's bet on the turn. I think on the river you can fold comfortably to CO's 3bet and BB's cap.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:13 PM

Raise the turn, with the intention of folding to a reraise. BB could easily be betting a picked up straight or flush draw here, although from the river action i would guess he picked up a straight. Regardless you want to know where you stand you don't want to give free/cheap cards which is exactly what you do by calling the the turn instead of raising. The river is an easy call. You cannot raise for value especially with such a scary river card. Someone is likely to have a flush with 4 to a river. someone could also have a straight or trips. I would also fold to the capped river here every time. The pot is big but there is no chance of winning this pot after it is 3-bet and capped. 0% of a big pot is still 0. So the river line is a rather silly looking call/fold to the 3-bet/cap.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:15 PM

I agree with the other who say raise the turn and fold to a reraise. On the river

A) Try to get some overcalls instead of raising.
B) Not be an overcaller yourself.

Stu
Old 10-06-2004, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments please, guys?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

1) goes in micro forum

2) pf good

i dont claim to give the correct flop versus turn raise advice on this hand.

i would make my stand either on the flop or the turn, or both.... but definitley not wait till river and raise that many oponents when the flush completes, especially after a paired flop of TT's wich are in the "playing zone"

i dont not see the point of raising river over raising turn. once you raise river and it is capped back, what chance do you estimate that your hand is good?

I would say very slim. i would be very surprised if your hand was good. somewhere in the less than 2% range. the most incorrect part of your line, IMO, is calling the last 2 on the river.