Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 06:26 PM

Default My Worst Beat Ever....

Warning, this is a bad-beat-story...If you don't read any further, I Don't blame you

10-25 NLHE at Foxwoods 3-handed

Button has about 7500, and i have him covered

Button Straddles, Small blind folds, and I call $25 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button raises to 200 and i don't hesitate to call. I'm in a no fold zone and have been running over the game. I feel that i can outplay the button. The button is also slightly tilted and "know's" that i am constantly stealing pots from him.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bingo...I check, and button bets 500 (as expected). I raise to 1500 thinking this, if i am winning right now, the button will fold. If the button has me beat right now, he will raise and i will quickly go all-in and take my chances if he calls....

Unfortunatly, the button calls...I put him on AA or similar...

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (YES!!!)

I check (trapping aggressive player) and button moves all in. I quickly call....

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I made the strait...Button turns over 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[censored]!!!!!!!!!!!

Total pot size 15k
Old 10-06-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: My Worst Beat Ever....

Thats the worst beat youve ever had?
Old 10-06-2004, 06:45 PM

Was this the first time you played poker?
Old 10-06-2004, 06:47 PM

2 outer for 15k... sounds like a pretty bad beat to me...
Old 10-06-2004, 06:52 PM

Don't forget offsuit tens. That counts as 2 + 3 = 5 outs? There are worse, but that's a big pot.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget offsuit tens. That counts as 2 + 3 = 5 outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] gives our hero the immortal nuts. 4 outs. I think he meant his worst beat in terms of fewest outs + size of pot.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 PM

So, he hit a four-outer in a big pot? OK.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:05 AM

OK...This is why i put the disclaimer at the top...For those of you who said pot size should be taken into account you were right on...This is a big game for me so I took that into account. I've been beaten by many 1 outers playing limit holdem.

Here is another point worth mentioning, if you get beat because an underset hits his one out to make quads, after all the money has gone into the pot, i don't think that is such a bad beat, it's poker...The beat's that really hurt, are when an opponent does something way out of line, and get's there anyway. That was the case in this scenario...A player, who typically does not like plaing big pot puts 7.5k in with an underpair and a straight draw, when he could be reasonably certain that i had a big hand. I just felt like venting on this forum...I consider this my all time worst beat but do realize that much worse beats occur all the time
Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM

DISCLAIMER..BAD BEAT STORY...READ AT YOUR OWN [censored] DISCRESTION:

5/10 PL game. Guy on my left is a maniac. I have $5k, he has about $4k. Crazy crazy game.

2 limpers to me, I limp with my pocket 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Maniac pots it to $50. 6 callers back to me and I call.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

All check to me and I pot it for $300, maniac calls.

Turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] WOOT YEAH BABY!. I bet half the pot around $500. Maniac comes over the top for a re-pot. $2400, and I put him all in for the rest of the money.

River card is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Maniac has J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Life sucks, poker is still great. 8k down za [censored] drain.. Now zat ezzz a bad beat!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:55 PM

That is sick.