Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 09:56 AM

Default 24 Suits included Re-post, maybe now i will get some feedback

New to this site so please bear with me while I figure out how to properly post hands. (as well would appreciate any help on how to post future hands)

Anyhow it is Party Poker 2-4 I am BB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG limps, UTG +1 Limps. Everyone else folds. UTG is loose/aggressive at times but mostly a caller. UTG+1 is new to the table and have not had a chance to get a good read on him. For anyone at the table who is paying attention I believe I have a table image of a solid player. I have not shown any bluffs or rags on river, and every time seen a river I was the aggresor and won the showdown, with the exception of 1 time where I called down same player who is UTG with top pair. (Have been to river many times already with UTG and have won every time except the 1 time I meantioned)

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( uh oh this one is going to cost me) UTG bets UTG+1 raises, I 3 bet, both call. Turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check, UYG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, UTG waits a while then calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls. (I put UTG on spades also at this point) River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . I bet,UTG folds instantly UTG+1 hesitates then calls and shows q-3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Of course I know that I am beaten I guess what i am wondering is a: was this draw worth the action i put into it, and b: Was it worth it to try and win this pot with a total bluff on the river!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Default Re: 24 Suits included Re-post, maybe now i will get some feedback

Check-raising on the turn was terrible. How do you figure youre favourite here? Your flush draw might well be counterfeited. Check raising is to punish chasers and charge them double to catch up with you. You're not exactly ahead at this point.

Bluff on the end was reasonable move given the circumstances and pot size but thats beside the point.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 PM

I agreee with you. Thank You for taking the time to respond.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 PM

2/4 hands go in the small stakes forum.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:35 PM

The flop is fine.

Check call the turn. (seriously, no one is folding, especially given your description of the players)

Check and fold the river. (given the way you played the turn your river bet is ok).

The first post is correct.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:00 AM

Default I realize it should be in the small stakes forum,

i realize this post should be in the small stakes forum. And i had already posted it there. However I did not get any responses. After reading some of the very intelligent responses to some other hands on this forum I decided to post it here.

thanx to anyone who responds, and apologies to anyone offended. Will only post higher limit hands here from now on.