Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Who are these morons?

Thanks for the shoutout - I only wish I knew what MHING meant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 05:38 PM

I stay in with AQs to see the flop unless I have a read on the raiser as an absolute rock. Though it is not as draw-happy to a straight, AQs is going to give you legit draws to both the nut straight and nut flush. That having been said, with the type of action that is going on here, I am REALLY not happy to see this flop. At this point, and maybe this is really passive play on my part, I am resigned to calling down realizing that I'm, most likely, completely screwed. The only thing about a situation like this comes when I'm heads up against someone who re-raised me and I think there is a chance that I have their AK reverse dominated.

I do not let this go because the pot is too big to let it go, but I do try to avoid putting too much of my money in the pot.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the shoutout - I only wish I knew what MHING meant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand is not good

-Sent
Old 10-03-2004, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of actions do you translate this to? Raise AQs, but fold if it gets capped behind you?

Raise w/top pair top kicker, but fold if it gets capped behind you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this is definitly passive, but with this much action preflop, I think it might be the right play. I'd like to think that I'd be able to lay this down, but I know that rationally I'm paying off the guy who either flopped a set or an overpair.

To me, the pre-flop action is indicative that I don't have the best starting hand, and the action on the flop is indicative that I still don't have the best starting hand.

Like I've said, I'm pretty sure I still make the decision you do and call down. I can only think of one instance (it was somewhat similar to this one) where I've laid down a hand like this (I think it was AKs). It was painfully obvious my pair of kings was no good, and with no draw, I didn't feel like drawing to runner/runner full-house to beat the set that, in hindsight, I think 2 people had floppped (not to mention the rockets, which ended up winning when an ace spiked on the river). Some might have called my fold here passive/bad, but I think that sometimes, even if the pot odds are great, it is right to make a fold when you're absolutely sure you're beat.[list]
Old 10-03-2004, 09:09 PM

Thanks for all the -very- thoughtful responses.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:13 AM

You're extremely welcome - often times getting all my thoughts down is the best way for me to incorporate some of this stuff into my own game. So, thank you for posting an extremely worthwhile thread!