Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Re: B&M Report (Harrah\'s)

Ak-Chin
Old 10-02-2004, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which Harrah's? There are like 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Stephen, I was wondering the exact same thing. I guess it's not IN though cause he was playing lower than 5-10.
Later.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or today when I flopped a set in a preflop raised pot in last position. We went 4 bets 3 ways on the flop, and the turn. I had to release on the river as I knew the initial preflop raiser had made a nut flush (runner runner)

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad player here was you.

Martin
Old 10-03-2004, 04:02 AM

Sounds like someone needs to experiment with this. Take $500, play a 3/6 or something online for, say, five hours, and then go do the same thing at a B&M table.

Then post the results.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:39 AM

Results of what? 5 hours of either isn't going to mean very much . . .
Old 10-03-2004, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, give me a break. Why do you think so many B&M players have gone to the internet? Answer: because the players are far worse. How many times do you see a player check raise you on the river when you have POUNDED the pot, only to show you no pair, no draw? This happens every single day 2-3 times a session for me. Or today when I flopped a set in a preflop raised pot in last position. We went 4 bets 3 ways on the flop, and the turn. I had to release on the river as I knew the initial preflop raiser had made a nut flush (runner runner), but what did maniac have? J5o for a pair of 5's.

B&M's can be a gravy train for the experienced. But what is especially fun is busting 4-5 internet "hot shots" that will ONLY play NL. So we start one up for them. 75-80% leave busted with their tails between the legs. Internet is far easier to make money on becuase of the sheer volume of terrible players. But even then you can have your bad days where they crack ya hard with K9o.
-bigfishhead

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, when comparing your stakes of playing .10-.20cents online with it to $20-$40 in a B&M, then online is easier. But saying a $2-$4/$3-$6 low-limit live game is harder than any stakes online is ridiculous. Maybe $0.01-$0.02, but most people would still disagree. You should return to using playchips.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:28 PM

Online is definitly more difficult. I think more of the good players or the ones that are actually "learning" to play, play online. Like the people studying the books and asking questions here I would think play online.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My third time playing at B&M..The second time I had a fluke night and won over $400. Tonight I played for about 4 hours and came up $150. I just have to say that these B&M games (played 3/6) are as loose as can be, at least where I played...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe the above stats for a 3/6 game where the players are characterized as loose. The winnings, if any, were probably a lot lower.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My third time playing at B&M..The second time I had a fluke night and won over $400. Tonight I played for about 4 hours and came up $150. I just have to say that these B&M games (played 3/6) are as loose as can be, at least where I played...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe the above stats for a 3/6 game where the players are characterized as loose. The winnings, if any, were probably a lot lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not get out much.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify that?