Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for the turn bet...I did some calculations, with a large amount of assumptions and came up with it being +EV if he folds a little under 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shudder to think about the nature of your assumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy will fold a 5.7 BB pot for one bet a little under 20% of the time, he doesn't need any other assumptions. I guess you could use this kind of statement to justify any play, just vary the guy's folding percentage to whatever you need.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: get tricky at 5-10

[ QUOTE ]
I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 11:31 AM

Your call of the flop raise is weak, but the play on the turn is reasonable. I agree that some thought as to what this player called a raise with and then raised you with will often be helpful.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:35 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

were you just in the mood for a good flaming when you posted this? I can't imagine anyone playing the hand like this and actually thinking he did good, or better yet, didn't misplay every street (except postflop), and posted a 5/10 hand in this forum.

now it's your turn to post that he folded and continue to think that everyone is wrong and you're right.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:37 AM

If you think he's on the flush draw, 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:38 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

fold the flop to the raise. at best you have 3 outs.

the other day I played in a live game, I was bored, so I saw a flop in MP with 76o, and I hit a straight and won a pretty big pot. should I always play offsuit trash because I won this time? you getting him to fold is equivalent to me staying in with trash and making a straight. you thinking it's right is equivalent to me being retarded
Old 10-03-2004, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he's on the flush draw, 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't possibly put him specifically on a flush draw, and even if you do, he's got 15 outs against you.

I think anything other than folding to the flop raise is pretty stupid. he took his stab, he got raised, he has nothing, he has the most popular card in the game as his overcard, and the pot is small. I don't see any reason to call the flop bet.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I shudder to think about the nature of your assumptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy will fold a 5.7 BB pot for one bet a little under 20% of the time, he doesn't need any other assumptions. I guess you could use this kind of statement to justify any play, just vary the guy's folding percentage to whatever you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reponse referred to his assumption(s) about why he thought that his opponent would fold here at least 20% of the time.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:43 PM

Keep up the good work.

P.S.
WTF?

Regards, Zachary
Old 10-03-2004, 03:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best

LOL!