Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: I flop 2 pair but hate my hand

This is an easy fold. How many hands does he three bet that you can beat? You probably have two outs here a good portion of the time. If you are ahead you are playing against two drawing hands. You are a slight favorite some of the time and a huge dog most of the time. There will be better times to get you money in.

The first rule of poker is patience. The second rule of poker is aggression. Don't flip them here.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 PM

Folding this against me would probably be a mistake. But then again, so would raising.
-James
Old 10-03-2004, 02:01 PM

I would call the flop as it completes the action. But with the description of the SB this is close to a fold on the flop. If a blank comes (hopefully a black card), and the SB bets out again, I would have to consider laying this one down.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:30 PM

I should have added in the post that the SB, was somewhat on the week tight side. So my read is that she would bet the flop, but she would not bet the turn without at least top 2. So my plan was to call a flop bet and fold if she bet the turn.

The turn was really ugly, a T, it was checked around. The river was another T and it was checked around again. She showed her AK, and we both mucked.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:24 PM

hi king

yeah, that's what i get for posting with the ol' headphones on. actually, the correction concerned my suggestion that barry needed to stop the lower straight from reraising. well, there is no lower straight, but he should still reraise to driveout the MP, and to stop the MP aggression. it isn't capped at 3 bets is it?